We have just returned from a one week stay at the majestic palace. The hotel is situated about half an hour (walk) from Sorrento. This did not bother us and we often enjoyed this walk. The hotel is very clean and is well kept with antique furniture in most communal areas. The pool area is very nice and once again spotlessly clean. As we travelled with Thompson we were in a basement room. Again this was clean and nice and although it did not have a view, this did not bother us as we spent very little time in the hotel.
Overall the service in this hotel is very very good and staff will do anything to help you. For example our return transfer was late afternoon and we were offered a free room after check out for a shower etc. As you are in Italy the food is Italian and includes a varied choice of dishes. My wife and I really enjoyed the food all week and it gave us the opportunity to try new dishes. If you are looking for an English breakfast or chips then I suggest that you go to Blackpool for the week instead.
Overall I would stay at the Majestic Palace again and enjoyed the Sorrento area. Beware that the whole area is very expensive (£5 a beer, £3 a coffee) but worth paying to visit a beautiful area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples