A large 5 star hotel 2km from Sorrento and 800m up a hill from the centre of San d'Agnello.
Rooms are large and clean but there was no coffee /tea making facility. Sea view - with a telescope- rooms are the best and ours overlooked a dilapidated farm -which is presumably where the cockerel that woke us at 5 every morning lived.
Staff are friendly and helpful . Our bar bill was much less than we deserved and the business centre allowed me to order a marquee from Amazon with no problems.and a modest fee.
Breakfasts are good and plentiful with the usual stuff plus omelettes etc to order. Bacon as with all european hotels is best avoided.
You can walk down the hill to San d'Agnello but there is only really a busy road with death -defying scooterists and a couple of bars - although there is a good restaurant.
Getting to and from Sorrento is easy on the Shuttle bus. Everything closes from 1 to 5 pm so unless on a trip it's best to return to the hotel and veg for a few hours beside the pool.
We enjoyed the Tarantella evening with buffet /barbecue the Hotel put on but socially the hotel was pretty dead and the bars were almost empty even on the Jazz nights- perhaps they were forewarned - we did think there was a new song about a burned -out Dentist until we realised 'Fillings' were the sensation.
There is a hotel rep who will arrange trips but there are lots of outlets in Sorrento and the ones we booked were all well organised and very enjoyable.
Would happily stay here again but would ideally go for one of the hotels built on Sorrento's cliffs (and arrive by speed boat as some cool Italians did- but suspect there is a premium to pay for this!).
Best For ;- Cockerel loving Garboesque insomniacs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples