What can I say!! Gran Hotel La Pace is a real gem of a hotel as well as being grand, elegant, sophisticated and just a short 10 minute ride using the hotel free shuttle coach, air conditioned coach bus leaving for hotel to Sorrento at 9 am, 10 am, 12noon, 4:30 pm, 6 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm. It leaves from Sorrento to Hotel at 12:15 noon, 4:45pm,6:15 pm, 8:15 pm, 9:15 pm and 11 pm. The free shuttle is prompt and leaves immediately so don't miss picking it up at Via Coreale bus stop, just a short walk from Circumvensia train station. Otherwise, a tax will cost around $25.00 American money.
Before I review the hotel, I want to pay a special tribute to General Manager, Vincento Sieiewavo, who took care of a big problem we had when we were pick pocketed, of all things, in Naples. We are savvy New Yorkers so consumer beware and know the professional pickpocket ears out in Naples are real. General Manager took care of all our concerns. He was sophisticated, knew as a manager as there is a solution for any problem, and as tears came down my eyes with no money after this experience, Vincento comforted me, brought out chilled water, solved the issue with my husband and went over the next morning with warmth and concern to see how me and my family were doing. The other person at reception is Tonino who took care of any tours, maps, etc with a European charm and warmth worth noting. I wouldn't go over to anyone else in reception as the latter two are the MOST helpful.
Hotel's lobby is gorgeous, immaculate and grand. Pool is fabulous with vistas of mountains that are amazing. My teenagers loved the pool and it was a welcomed retreat after a long, hot day touring. Make sure you eat in the Donna Rosa Restaurant in Sorrento, Corso Marion Crawford n.17 in Sant'Agnello....reasonable rates and wonderful manager...fabulous food...small and quaint.
If you go to Capri, concentrate on Ana Capri and visit San Michelle church and villa. You can skip Capri center although the Augustus gardens and walk down via Krupp is worth the vistas.
Breakfast at hotel is a grand buffet.....delicious.
You can't go wrong at the Grand Hotel La Pace.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Sant Agnello
- Grand Hotel La Pace Sorrento
- Grand Hotel La Pace Italy/Province Of Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel La Pace has been built combining extraordinary ideas from the past historic luxury and today’s contemporary amenities. When you first step into our magnificent lobby, with its grand scale and splendid detail, you might think you’ve been transported back to the 20th Century, when great Hotels were built with marble and stone, not glass and steel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Grand Hotel la Pace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.