We have just returned after a week at this B&B is Sant Agnello.
Pluses include the excellent breakfast, served in the dining area which is also shared by the family - and a hopeful dog! You really can't fault fresh orange juice, cappuccino, ham, sausage, cheese, scrambled egg, cereal (muesli or corn flakes) and a nice selection of bread, pastries and home made preserves (sometimes supplemented with what they cooked the previous night at the school). Our room (no.7) was pleasant enough, and had a nice view towards the hills behind Sorrento. The owner chauffeured us to the station to catch the airport bus, rather than allowing us to book a taxi. (Taxi fares are a rip off - 15 euros to do the mile and a half into Sorrento - and as the advertised line C bus service past the hotel doesn't actually run, it's either a taxi or a 20 minute walk into town.)
The minuses - and these worried my wife more than me - were that everything had seen better days. They fixed the broken shower fitting after we complained about it - but clearly it had been broken for ages, and unless you complain, nothing gets fixed. Also the maid was supposed to leave shower gel, but never did - even though we went downstairs several times asking for some. The whole place - from the rather dowdy fittings in the bedroom to the crumbling rendering on the building - has that air of rather more than gentle decay. However that's at east made up for by the friendliness of the owners, and in the end that's what really matters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family style B&B a very comfortable, relaxing place to stay. There are many ways to see the South of Italy. We'll take you with us, as part of our family, to see this special world through the lens of its food, its artisans, and its culinary traditions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your Mami Camilla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mami Camilla Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Mami Camilla Italy/Province Of Naples