While some here viewed location as a negative, we viewed it as a huge reprieve after the hustle and bustle of Rome, and even downtown Sorrento can be very loud. The views from our third floor balcony at this location were spectacular and that's what Sorrento is about. Hotel offers free regular shuttles to main part of town, which is only a 5 minute drive. It's walkable as well. Hotel food is good, big variety at breakfast, much of the staff were friendly and speak and understand English quite well. We especially liked the information they provided upon arrival, including water taxi and shuttle bus timetables - something we did not encounter at any other Italy hotels. Towels were skimpy we assume is related to high humidity, but we picked up a pool towel (for 2 euro) which did a better job. The hotel and room was very clean and nicely decorated. Pool looked nice but weather was too cool during our visit to use it. Where they could have improved is air temp control - though was not an issue for us since we opened the outside door at night for cool air. We highly recommend Hotel Caravel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Caravel Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caravel Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Caravel Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples