Regrettably we only spent two nights at Poggio dai Santi after two weeks in the Amiata region - and we enjoyed every minute of it.
I agree with all of the recent 5* review comments and explanations about the surroundings and described aspects of what makes this pieceful home away from home so special, so there is no need to repeat them all. But for me there are two things that truly stand out:
1) The balance, creativity and 'simplicity' in the way the owners and their staff (hotel and kitchen) look after you. They all give this beautiful place an 'authentic' soul.
2) The passion, respect and felt 'ownership' for their 'product(s)', i.e. the team, the grounds, the house/rooms/apartments, their own oil/wine/marmelade/honey and the way they source the ingredients for their restaurant...If you want to see more of that don't miss to check out 'cookingintuscany' on youtube.
When enjoying breakfast, a small snack or having dinner time seemed to stand still (our 'break-fast' turned into a long and slow break instead until way past lunch time and the executives chefs recommendations and their desciptions for dinner were fantastic).
Thank you Francesca, Dominique, Alessandra and Denny and team(s) for a wonderful couple of days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The place is a magical one, nestled in hills of Mediterranean maquis, with the sea as a backdrop. A natural amphitheatre where Segesta or Epidaurus could have been built in classical times. We have preserved it intact for you. At Poggio ai Santi you will not find butlers and concierges to fill your every whim, but a guest house atmosphere which meets your real wishes. The Podere farmhouse, the Stables and Villa are orientated to use all the resources of the local climate, mild in winter and cooled in summer by the sea breeze. Everywhere we have given priority to space and silence. Our wish has been to be generous with space. At Poggio ai Santi, you will only find suites of which even the simplest offer a degree of comfort that many grand hotels can no longer afford. When we are full, we have thirty guests. The suites are spread between the three houses, each with its own charm and its specific features. Most have terraces or direct access onto the garden. The privilege of silence is rare: we have decided to support it by accepting children only over 12 years of age. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Relais Poggio Ai Santi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo Poggio Ai Santi Hotel San Vincenzo