This is a special place that either you fall in love with, or you don't like.
I fall in the first case, being one of the many loyal clients that come back every year since 2010.
I find this place unique, because it has all what I looking for in a resort on the sea: a beautiful beach which is not crowded (1 or 2 rows of umbrellas), houses are close to the beach (my villetta was about 15 meters from the beach, and I have booked it already for the next summer), entertainment for the kids, a club with all sport facilities ( in addition to the swimming pool, I appreciate very much the gym), the sailing centre, were I rent a canoa or a pedalo for 30 min every day, and sometimes a hobycat ( there are also sailing classes for my kids), and a lot more.
The whole village is fresh an quite, being in the middle of a natural park of pine threes.
Since I love very much good food and wine, I find this place perfect also from this point of view: there are 2 restaurants inside (I prefer the pizzeria "Le Querce" because of the good food at reasonable prices, as the kindness of the staff).
Also San Vincenzo is close to the "Bolgheri Rosso" wine area, were there are producers like "Sassiccaia" and "Ornellaia", with many opportunities for wine tastings, and nice restaurants (I have written reports of the ones I tried).
Finally I liked the kindness and availability of all The staff at The receptionist. Even if sometimes they don't look like The most organized, they always do their best to help. For example when my little daughter broke her glasses, they helped to fix it with some special tape.
Some advices to further improve are:
reduce the volume of the music for all shows after 10.00pm.
Sometimes this is bothering, especially The One coming from The bar at The sailing centre.
To conclude , I recommend this place especially to families looking for a place in the nature, who like sports, good food and wine.
I will be there next year too.
- Also Known As:
- Riva Degli Etruschi Hotel San Vincenzo
- Riva Degli Etruschi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has independent cottages of different sizes, some of them with bedroom and bathroom, others actually are apartments. Our guests can therefore choose among hotel rooms and apartments (villas or residence). For years we have been aiming at guaranteeing to our guests tranquility and privacy in their lodgings, inside of a unique natural surroundings, the Mediterranean Maquis, which we take care of and preserve every day, without forgoing the services typical for a resort Restaurants, pizzeria, fast food, bar, kids' club, sporting facilities, sports tournaments, aquatic games, evening entertainment; just to name a few ones to choose from! An original holiday that every year satisfies our regular guests and surprises the new visitors. The cristall-clear sea, the Tuscan territory and the hospitality and the professionalism of the Staff make Riva degli Etruschi the ideal place for an unforgettable vacation to spend with your children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Riva degli Etruschi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.