“Very average. No passion.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Very average. No passion.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived in salsomaggiorre in early may. Tourist season just about to commence hence decided to take advantage of quiet season. Reviewed this restaurant on trip advisor and saw it got some good reviews. However in summary my experience was a restaurant that it was understaffed in the kitchen and lacking in creativity or passion for food. On reviewing the menu with the waitor who was very attentive it appeared most of the menu was not available. I chose tagliatelli starter and lamb as a main. My friend chose beef steak as a main. All i can say us that meat was anaemic! Uninspiring and poorly served. The meat was not cooked to taste. Medium rare was almost cooked on a low heat and cold. When we requested the wine we were told that it was not available either. We didnt stay for dessert as i couldnt take any more disappointment. A major disappointment and let down for salsomaggiorre.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Rome, Italy
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It is a small restaurant and I made a reservation IN PERSON for myself and friends. I dropped in to confirm it 20 minutes before the appointed time. When we arrived at 8:30 sharp the patron had seen fit to give away our table. With hardly an apology and looking distinctly sheepish he claimed we had called to cancel. We had NOT called and there were no other tables for the same number of people. Needless to say I will not be bothering with this place in future.

Visited April 2013
Lugano, Switzerland
“Nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I liked the restaraunt and the ambiance. I found the waiters to be very kind and attentive. First course was excellent, but my husband had the angus steak and said it was average and cooked without passion.
Overall I would recommend this restauran and would come back because the menu was interesting and I got a good feeling.
and yes I know it's an osteria and you should not expect anything fancy, but maybe it would be good to improve food presentation.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Odemira
“Wineman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staying locally, we went out for a walk and fell upon this gem. Billy Whiz the waiter was brilliant the restaurant was full and he was on his own. He welcomed us, found us a table, gave us a welcome drink, explained the menu in good English, served us really good food and apologised because we had to wait for a short time. Highly recommended.

Visited October 2012
wigan
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Very good food and service staff speak english.At 98 euros for 2 starters ,2 mains, 1 sweet ,wine water and cafe Thought it was a little on the expensive side for this type of restaurant.We dont think we would return although the food was good.

Visited September 2012