“Small, immaculate hotel, conveniently located near the heart of Riva del Garda” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riviera

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riviera to your Saves list
Hotel Riviera
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Rovereto 95, 38066 Riva Del Garda, Italy   |
Ranked #23 of 61 hotels in Riva Del Garda
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We enjoyed a week at this hotel in September. The rooms are beautifully clean and well decorated. The service staff and manager are friendly and attentive. Meals were a buffet breakfast and a sit-down selection for the dinner. Food was different every night.

Manager was helpful and flexible about late arrivals and early starts and even gave us a refund on an evening meal as we had arrived too late to enjoy it.

There's free bikes to hire and a small gym downstairs. Across the road there's a nice private pool area.

Overall a lovely hotel which we would recommend.

• Stayed September 2012

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dunfermline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff made this a very enjoyable holiday in an excellent hotel. We will definitely stay here again should we return to the area. The location is excellent for walks or cycling by the lake into Riva or Torbole. We arived very late on the first night (about midnight), too late for dinner. Although we had booked for dinner that evening we were not charged which we thought was very decent of them.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake view are best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Durham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

After being stuck in a lot of traffic on our transfer from the airport to the hotel, we were advised by our rep that no one would be receiving evening meals that night as we would be too late, not a great start to our holiday but after a loooonngggg transfer we were greeted at the hotel with no problems as others have stated, the lady who owns the hotel was very friendly, helped us with bags and took us up to our room and then told us we were still ok to go for our evening meal which was a nice surprise. Rooms were standard but clean and comfortable apart from the odd ant that ended up on our floor, bathroom was very small, as was shower and temperature was temperamental. Pool was nice, just across the road from the hotel. I did notice that the staff were very chatty with other guests as other people have mentioned, every now and then they said hello to us, but we didnt make much attempt to talk to them either, so weather it is the case that they prefer other nationalities or weather the other people were more keen to talk to the staff, I dont know. We did however have a drink in the hotel bar one day and the younger girl that served us was beyond miserable, didnt speak a word just grunted at us and didnt even give a smile. One of the Thomson staff even asked us if we had managed to get any of the staff to crack a smile yet. The food was nice enough, just got a bit samey, the breakfast had a fair choice but other members of our party got very bored of eating the same thing every morning. He is a big fan of full English breakfasts though and compared to other Italian hotels I have stayed in I would say the options for breakfast were better than others. The evening meals I am still a bit undecided on, the help yourself salad bar was great, I think the options just didnt have much of an italian feel, felt a little like they were catered for non italians. I have stayed in hotels further south in Italy, the whole area felt very Austrian, obviously due to the History of the area, which isnt a bad thing but even the restaurants all around the area felt no different to a standard Italian restaurant in England. One of the things I loved about Southern Italy is the different foods that were not available at home, in both the hotels I have stayed and the restaurants. This is just a gripe for me personally, due to the history of the area it is expected that the food have that Austrian influence. The breakfast staff were really nice, I requested ketchup more than one occasion and by the end of my stay they had it ready on my table without me having to ask. If I ever went back to the area I think I would try a different hotel, but I would not discourage people from going here either.

Room Tip: Mountain view at front of hotel is a must
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Regensdorf, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We enjoyed our stay very much at this family run hotel at the Garda Lake. The owner got out of bed in the middle of the night just to open the gate for my car, when we got back from Verona from a late night opera show in the arena.
Breakfast was excellent, the room was just what we need on a holiday.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake view are much quieter!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I booked a last minute week, half-board, at this hotel but paid brochure price. The location is good and food great (although could have made do with two courses at dinner instead of four and paid less). I objected to being charged a single supplement when I was put in a single-bed room. How were they losing custom in this case? I am pursuing this issue... The room had a lovely lake view - again, at an extra charge. Furniture was basic but the room was clean. Shower and hairdryer outdated and not very powerful.

I was travelling alone for the first time, and have never felt more uncomfortable in a hotel. The other residents were all couples, German, Irish, Italian and English and most seemed perfectly happy. Just two couples spoke to me and said they also felt uneasy, despite not travelling alone. I was placed at a table in the middle of the dining room in full view of everyone and dreaded dinner each evening - I couldn't eat fast enough to leave. There was no atmosphere, no entertainment and the owners rarely spoke other than to say 'Good morning' or 'Good night'. The pool was nice, but again, no music, food, or atmosphere. On arrival, the reception staff made no effort to tell guests how to get to the pool (across the road), meal times, notice board location, or the cost of a safe. Was there really free bike hire? I didn't know this, nor did I see any bikes!
The best day I had was a trip to Verona when I befriended a lady from a nearby hotel who was alone that day.
Apparently, the hotel round the corner (Savoy Palace) was the opposite and welcomes single travellers - I will stay there next time. Riva del Garda, however, is beautiful and I was in awe of the scenery. I will definitely stay in this resort again. With a companion.

Room Tip: My lakeside view from the front of the hotel was the highlight of the stay in this hotel and worth p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Pickering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The food at the hotel was fantastic, we were half board and we enjoyed every meal we were served. The views from the room balcony were brilliant as you can see from the photo. The staff were very helpful and the pool was very clean with a nice sitting area around the side. One of our better holidays.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room view a lake view (see photo). Although other rooms may be quieter on a nigh...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Just got back from a week at the Riviera. Food (breakfast and dinner) were good for a 3-star hotel. Bar a bit pricey but so were all the bars in Riva. Bedroom comfy and clean. Pool....wonderful.

Mine host very friendly.

Would go back again

Room Tip: Take a balcony room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riviera? Share your experiences!