My wife and I booked a hoilday via Inghams. It was fairly last minute - we paid £412 pp including flights from Gatwick to Verona, transfers to the hotel and half board. We'd upgraded to a room with a balcony and mountiain views as it only cost around £20 extra.
We hired a car as we wanted a bit of independence to visit the region. The journey took around and hour from Verona and the hotel was quite easy to find being signposted from te main road. The hotel was around 10 minutes walk from the centre This suited us fine as it was in a quiet area near to a vineyard an way from the hustle and bustle of the town centre.
The hotel was excellent. The first thing that struck us was the genuine friendliness of the member of staff at reception who checked us in very speedily. The room was large and more of a suite with a big comfortable bed (two twins pushed together) and with more than enough space for a sofa and large armchair. The room was on the third floor and had a balcony with with two chairs and views of the mountains, vineyards, the pool and the new spa centre. The room and bathroom were extremely clean. The bathoom was large with hot high pressure water at all times.
Breakfast was very good with a wide choice of foods such as cereals, yoghurts, toasts, cakes together wih hot food such sausage, bacon , egg, tomatoes and mushrooms.
Dinners were five course affairs and were really good. With a first course, second course, main course, selections of desserts and cheeses. The food had a home made
quality to it. The waiting staff were attentive, very polite, friendly and accommodating.
If you had any room left after breakfast a buffet lunch, again excellent, consisting of salads, cold starters and some hot food, was also thrown in.
The month we arrived a new spa centre had opened. It was housed in a purpose built wing with a large spa pool on the ground floor which contained many wonderful gadgets such a jacussi at one end, bed spas to lie in, a pool area and massage jets. There were comfortable wooden loungers to lie on and look out at the garden and outdoor pool.
Upstairs was a sauna centre with a classic wooden sauna, a turkish bath, a relaxation room and illuminated mulitcoured showers which sprinkeld you with scents.
The hotel also had a great little garden to sit in and relax undet the sun.
Riva is well placed for tours of the norh west of Italy. There are many cute small towns to visit and lots of walks to do. It is also a mountain biker centre with good terraine to bike around in.
I would highly recommend the hotel and the region if you want a relaxing slow paced holiday with stunning scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort, a Kingdom of harmonies, peace and wellbeing in Riva del Garda. Discover the thousand relaxation opportunities of Lake Garda: enjoy a spa treatment, taste delicious food in the restaurant Perla di Lago or stroll around Riva del Garda and the sorrounding area. An unique and exciting experience to fall in love with this small ancient world... Click on the video and make the trip start! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolli Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy