Our first time away for 3 years-so we wanted it to be stress free, relaxing and beautiful. It proved perfect for us. We were concerned that the hotel was a little set back from the lake but this proved an advantage being a nice haven at the end of the day and the walk was undemanding and flat. The hotel also provides bikes! Riva is beautifully located at the top of Lake Garda where an Austrian influence extends to the north in the Tyrol. There is so much to do and see (even with limited mobility) that our 7 days proved insufficient. Swimming in the Lake was a safe delight in dedicated areas. The Hotel provided us with a card for free bus travel and museum entrance which we used to advantage at nearby Arco.
The Villa Nicolli is very friendly and immaculately clean. Sylvia was particularly charming and helpful with any issue. The outdoor pool area is relaxing and tasteful, although a sun shade, or two, would be a welcome addition.( It does have some naturally shady spots however). The indoor spa was also a delight but access between the outdoor pool and indoor area is not easy despite close proximity. They are probably kept so separate for reasons of indoor hygiene.
For us, there is always an inevitable monotony about dining half board as we like to dine out, but here the menu offered interesting choices and the meals were substantial. If being critical, the choice of deserts could be more varied but overall it was an enjoyable experience greatly enhanced by the local wines (thanks Renato). Breakfast was excellent with something for everyone in a very pleasant outdoor setting. Storms affected both or outward and inward flights causing some delay but this was handled well by Ingham's and our experience of the travel/flight/trip arrangements was generally very positive. We joined two of the many trips on offer, a trip to Verona with views of the lake on route, and a trip to the mountains via Bolzano(home of the Ice Man) plus cable car and light railway with views of the Dolomites. The latter was spectacular and memorable.
This was our first trip to the Italian lakes and we were more than impressed. We are hoping to return very soon and would be delighted to return to the family run Villa Nicolli which we would highly recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort, a Kingdom of harmonies, peace and wellbeing in Riva del Garda. Discover the thousand relaxation opportunities of Lake Garda: enjoy a spa treatment, taste delicious food in the restaurant Perla di Lago or stroll around Riva del Garda and the sorrounding area. An unique and exciting experience to fall in love with this small ancient world... Click on the video and make the trip start! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolli Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy