We were delighted to find an Inghams Late Deal that ticked all the boxes, including our choice of Riva as the ideal location on Lake Garda. We had never visited the Italian Lakes and one is always both excited and apprehensive. We need not have worried - Riva was perfect - chic in a friendly way, lively yet relaxing, a great base for ferry trips to Limone or Malchesine and a healthy walk to the water activities of Torbole. The north lake mountain location added a sense of drama ( including amazing short storms ! ).
Existing Tripadvisor reviews of the Villa Nicolli were very good and give a pretty accurate picture of the hotel. We loved the location - away from the town centre activity in a very quiet location. It provided a 10-15 minute walk into the town centre that was good exercise and helped digestion after dinner.
The standard Comfort Rooms are really the minimum size that one would expect of a 4 star hotel - OK provided you didn't both move around the room together ! The room and bathroom were very clean, the twin beds somewhat hard but everything was as you would expect in a good hotel.
As others have reported, the evening meal is a rather slow but tasty experience. The wine is good but expensive. The buffet provision at lunchtime is slightly haphazard ( ameliorated by the fact it is free if you buy a drink ! ). Breakfasts are also buffet style, but are fine, with a good range of options. If you like a strong cup of english tea bring your own tea bags - the range offered is sophisticatedly delicate !
The need for bathing caps in the pool is bizarre, but they only cost 3E at reception. The spa and pool are the perfect place for a pamper.
If you are looking to pose and preen this may not be the hotel for you. Having said that, the pool, the surrounding gardens and the excellent sunbeds are the perfect place to enjoy the sunshine.
The staff and owners are lovely people. The fact that the hotel is family owned is its strength if you are looking for a friendly experience that is relaxed and unpretentious.
Our intention to return is the best recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort, a Kingdom of harmonies, peace and wellbeing in Riva del Garda. Discover the thousand relaxation opportunities of Lake Garda: enjoy a spa treatment, taste delicious food in the restaurant Perla di Lago or stroll around Riva del Garda and the sorrounding area. An unique and exciting experience to fall in love with this small ancient world... Click on the video and make the trip start! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nicolli Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Villa Nicolli Romantic Resort Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy