“Lovely hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 62 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Helsinki, Finland
“Lovely hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks and we all loved this hotel! We had 2 "normal" rooms, I knew they would be small and had no problem with them. The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed. Everyone in the hotel were so friendly and nice, esp the reception staff.
The swimming pool area is so great, plenty of room for sunbathing. The water in the pool though was freezing for me. Not for kids, they loved it.
Breakfast was good, plenty to choose from. And the breakfast lady was super nice! We had dinner in the restaurant, Villetta Annessa, once and I probably had the best dinner ever! It was delicious! And the price wasn´t bad, being used to paying finnish rates, it was cheap.
We love Lake Garda and probably will go back someday and if returning to Riva del Garda, we will definitely go back to this lovely hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have just come back from staying at various places in Italy and Lake Garda is amazing! This hotel is in a great location with plenty of room for parking and less than 10min walk (down hill) to the marina area. There are plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. We were in room 204 which had a great view of the lake and a lovely en suite bathroom. The breakfast buffet had a good variety of food and being able to sit outside was an added bonus. One night we also had dinner in the hotels restaurant, Villetta Annessa, the chef cooks the food on an open log fire and the steak is incredible! Not a cheap meal but worth it. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, we loved it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Tuxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Can't praise this place highly enough. Fantastic value for money, spacious room, squeaky clean, great facilities and super friendly staff. Definitely recommend and can't wait to return to the beautiful Riva del Garda - magical!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We met a couple on another vacation and they recommended Riva on Lake Garda. We found this hotel on Tripadvisor and thought it was perfect. We has a great view of the lake, a short walk to the Piazza and shops. The room was comfortable with lush featherbeds. Breakfast is included; they have the best bakery and a nice buffet with a wide variety to choose from.
There is a lovely pool but we were there to early in the season to enjoy it. We felt very relaxed staying here. We will keep it in mind if we get to this area again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators. They ding very loudly on arrival on your floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am an elderly lady who travels solo and I recently returned from a 3 week holiday in Italy. I saved my favourite town, Riva del Garda, for my last four nights in Italy. I first stayed there in 1998 when by chance I selected a family-run hotel named Miravalle, from an Internet listing. As I walked up the drive way of Hotel Miravalle on that occasion, I immediately loved the plants and garden along the drive and the hotel's pale pink exterior walls. The receptionist at that time was wonderful and the family managers were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them, so I left there with very good impressions.

I have travelled back to Italy several times since that occasion and I always stay for awhile at this hotel, now named Hotel Villa Miravalle. One family member has now retired, but I was delighted to find that all the hotel's appealing characteristics have been maintained by Michele, his father Paolo and also another young man, Damiano, who was previously unknown to me. The ladies who were in charge of the breakfast area were efficient and helpful, likewise the staff who were involved with evening meal in the Restaurant.

On that first stay at Miravalle, my room was upstairs and I loved looking up at the mountains, which were so close, some with snow on the top. My home State in Australia does not have snow. The paintings on the walls were very appealing to me and I have loved this hotel, ever since my holiday there in 1998. The present out-door eating areas and their surrounding garden plants are beautiful and a swimming pool has been an additional attraction. Over the last few years an elevator has also been installed, which is a welcome asset.

This year my bedroom for the four nights that I was there, was especially lovely. The furniture was cream and in traditional Queen Anne style. The patterned curtains looked just right, the bed was large and comfortable and the bathroom was a good size and sparkling white. Watercolour paintings of roses on the main wall were perfect additions. A small balcony overlooked the front carpark, but it caused no noise problems and I could also admire the mountain scenery in the background. Staff members who attended to the bedroom were unobtrusive and efficient.

The self-serve buffet breakfasts near the open area, are very generous in variety and quantity. The dining area/restaurant has an intimate atmosphere, with subtle lighting and is very attractive. The food is top class and well presented, so I enjoyed indulging myself by dining there on the last evening before travelling back to Australia.

From the hotel it is a very short walk to the shops in one direction and in the other it is downhill to the lake, its ferries, town centre and buildings. I spent my days walking around these areas, eating gelati and noticing all the upgrades which have been undertaken since my previous visit and always finding something new.

I can happily recommend Hotel Villa Miravalle as a perfect base for a lovely holiday and I hope that one day I shall be back there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a lovely Hotel everything was spot on.
Breakfast was included which was fine.
We liked the free Car Park.
We stayed for two nights and it was just enough .Sept 27th 28th.
Location just a 5 minute walk to the Harbour and Restaurants.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room which they provideed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I travelled through Italy by train so we need to plan ahead. We booked in to this delightful hotel without much prior knowledge of what to expect. We were so pleasantly surprised. The hotel is ideally located to the lake, the shops and restaurants. We had a Junior Suite on the ground floor which was excellent value. The breakfast was included, free wifi and all the staff were most helpful and friendly. It was April and too cold for the pool

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Villa Miravalle? Share your experiences!