“Picked a good one here.” 5 of 5 stars

Parc Hotel Flora
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Rovereto 54, 38066 Riva Del Garda, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Riva Del Garda
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Picked a good one here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A very comfortable hotel for a 10 day break. Made welcome on arrival. Car was parked in underground garage. Hotel was well furnished in communal areas. Didn't use spa as the outdoor pool and the lake just 200 paces away were just too inviting. On the other side of the road in front of the 'gelateria Flora' was a local Co-op! which was very handy for filling my mini fridge with goodies. Hotel reception gave me a restaurant card for 10% at about 20 restaurants. Came in very handy as some of the places on it are in some of the top restaurants.
Rooms were spotlessly cleaned everyday. Breakfast were the best I've had in Riva. Hotel holds buffet evenings every Tuesday & Friday. Don't miss these!!!. Strongly recommend a stay here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own travel kettle. Aircon is very efficient but noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed 8 nights at the Parc Flora Hotel for our daughters wedding. We are well travelled and believe this is a first class hotel. All staff were extremely helpful and efficient. The suite was ideal for us sharing the first 5 nights with our teenage son. Large spacious rooms and bathroom, lovely design, comfortable, clean and replenished frequently with clean towels and linen. The breakfast was simply amazing, every type of European tastes are catered for! Fresh pastries, cakes, fruit, yoghurt, cold meats, cheeses, berries, toast, eggs - boiled and scrambled, bacon, ham, freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh coffee etc, etc...... The garden area and pool were highly maintained, the spa was well equipped, clean and inviting. Free bike hire. Best ice cream at the Flora Gelateria- right next door. Only complaint....no ice cream room service!! Would most definitely rebook to stay at the Parc Flora in our favourite European resort.

Room Tip: Try to book a room at the rear of hotel on the 3rd or 4th floor for a view of the lake, pool and gar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Windsor, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel appears to have been refurbished recently and has been done to a high standard. The room we had was probably one of the cheaper ones, but still well equipped, modern and extremely comfortable (although bed was 2 twins pushed together, so gap in the middle, which wasn't ideal). Breakfast was good ( & early breakfast not a problem), front desk always helpful, spa was free of charge, and so were the use of the city bikes. Hotel is in the new town, with a path to the lake, with a 20 minute pleasant walk along the lake to the old town. They also provided us with a discount card for some good local restaurants which we made good use of. All in all a very pleasant stay :)

• Stayed July 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

A lovely relaxing hotel. The team from front desk to cleaners are wonderful, polite, helpful, and checking in takes a matter of seconds. The front desk team are very knowledgeable and can organise taxi’s etc. If you come in via Verona it’s nice to get a taxi rather than a hire car – you can lose a lot of patience just trying to work out where the road to the north is.
The superior rooms at the rear have views over the lake and mountain and are lovely and quiet. A refurb a few years ago means they are stylish and well equipped. Nice touches of assorted extras in the room are very nice on arrival. The ultra tech lighting system may confuse the older traveller – but it works on a proximity card – So when you come into the room the lighting regime you have set comes on – even before you open the door. This means no fumbling around trying to find the power master socket.
Tea and coffee is in the room but there is a Coop opposite for fresh milk, otherwise all the consumables are there.
There are free bikes and for a small charge there are techy mountain versions. I would stick to the standard ones as you can get pretty well everywhere on them.
Breakfast is about as good as you can get. It is served on the outside terrace or in the dining room. Fresh fruit and the cheese selection is the highlight – but the communal toaster has a temperamental side.
There are lots of options in booking but I would drop them an email and ask what they can offer. Don’t go via a tour operator – they just add their mark up. Check out appears flexible so you can get the best flight.

Mansfield, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel is very pleasant and well located within a short walk of the Lake and just 15 mins walk to the centre of Riva Del Garda. The pool area is very nice and clean. We had breakfast each day at the hotel which was average and lacked the basics e.g. good fresh fruit

There are a number of bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Good facilities for walking, running, cycling and water sports.

The beds are VERY firm so if you like a soft mattress and don't sleep well contact the hotel in advance!

Overall we enjoyed our stay but a better softer mattress would have made all the difference (I normally sleep like a log!).

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the front of the hotel as this overlooks a bar and the main road into Riva De...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you have stayed in room 110, you will definately "get" this!
I booked this hotel, as it was the last holiday I had with my parents before they passed, at a time when I first met my husband. I'd always promised my hubby I would take him to Parc Hotel Flora, but hesitated because this hotel is not cheap. Since 1998 (last time there) it's been refurbed to a very high standard (according to the hotel itself).
I finally decided to splash out & booked to go this June, for a week in a superior room with a spa bath overlooking the garden.
We arrived a little hot & flustered after driving from Verona airport. Checking in, I happened to ask if the room had a shower. I fully expected the lady on reception to say "yes, of course", but instead she said, "no, but a lovely spa bath".
Now, I've since asked many people if they would expect a room costing €249 per night b&b, to have a shower as standard, & all, without exception, have said yes they would.
Anyway, I said I didn't want to stay in a room for 7 nights without a shower & didn't think it was exceptable.
I was sort of made to feel that I making an un-necessary fuss & was told that they may be able to give us a room with a shower, but this would mean moving rooms 3 times in our 7 nights.
Alternatively, their most expensive suite was available at an extra €100 or so a night.
I was not prepared to pay any extra, & was not going to check in at all, to my surprise, the lady said that we would have to pay the full 7 nights stay - around €1750 if we left.
Oh, how I now wish, I had read the paperwok properly.
They could have, in fact only charged us for 1 night.
Well, I decided i would use the showers in the spa & was told that would be fine. I was however, not at all happy. BTW, the spa showers are completely open & anyone can walk in whilst you're showering.
We took to showering when the spa was shut!
We went to the room it self, & well, to save boring you, I will list the problems & inadequate things I found over our 7 nights of hell!

1) No shower
2) Spa bath is very narrow (my husband & I each weigh around 60 kg, so not exagerrating about narrowness), with curvy radiator on wall, almost entire length of bath, comes out from wall at least 15cms in places.
This makes it impossible to stand from bath without banging shoulder, & impossible to have a shower over bath.
There was a hand held shower on a piece of hose pipe, which leaked badly, no curtain or screen though
3) No plug for extremely long rectangular sink, hubby had to wet shave under runnng water.
4) inadequate lighing & no magnifying mirror in bathroom, no proper room to lay out make up, toiletries etc,
5) Sliding door to bathroom & to toilet within bahroom, so no hooks to hang robe, wet jacket or towel.
Only hook in entire room was right beside the toilet - lovely!
6) No sanitary disposal bags or any instruction on how to use bath, saving water, towels in bath or on floor, you know the kind of stuff.
I asked reception for sanitary bags as i needed them. Waited 2 days for any to appear in room.
7) No sewing kit (had to ask reception), vanity set, any kind of welcome anything, & although a tea tray & kettle, no milk. Oh & kettle plugged in underneath flat screen tv, not very H&S!
8) Spabath didn't work properly, 2 jets weren't working, & when I did switch it on 1st time, little black bits started floating in bath, so had to drain & refill.
Now call me stupid, but in Britain, if a bottle of bathroom freebie says "BATH FOAM" I expect that to be BUBBLE BATH & not shower gel as I was told by lady in reception.
I had, by this time gone to reception & had a bit of a melt down about lack of facilities inadequecies etc, & I told them the only reson i was staying was because they were making me pay.
I was told by lady (same as at check in) that "Nobody has ever complained before"
I said it was shocking & I shouldn't have to ask for the most basic things, that should already be in room, & any room costing consderably less.
Engineers came to room to fix bath took over an hour, still one jet very weak. Completely fed up by this time
9) No full lenght mirror in room & no useable mirror in room at all.
The large rectangular mirror that could have being mounted as a good full lenght mirror, was instead mounted horizontally around 1m 60-70cms high on wall behind large sofa - unuseable (I am 1m70cm)
10) Unbeliveable complicated push button electronic lights, with tiny tiny writing, which DO NOT WORK PROPERLY at all. My hubby & I are very techy & tested it thoroughly. So badly set up, would take ages to go thru all that was wrong
By this time, my husband made me promise not to complain any more as we'd proberly be without electricity for days.
11) Maids left ALL lights on after cleaning room every day. Most days, we were out all day. They never reported all the lights that didn't work at all which was 4 (both bedside lights, table lamp, one hall light & 1 partially working (toilet).
12) No apology from anyone, no other acknowledgement that anything was wrong, apart from a box containing sewing kit, vanity set, sanitary bags (hurray) etc, being placed in the room. Oh and about a day later, around 20 or so bags were left in bathroom!
13) No regard to saving water/electricity at all.
14) 2 single beds pushed together with no mattress topper, only sheet to hold together, hard mattresses, 2 single duvets & 2 thin & hard pillows. No extra pillows in room & didn't really want 2 more hard thin pillows anyway (Used my cushion I take for car seat)

This hotel is so completely content to pat itself on the back in a self congratulatory, self satisfied way, and unable to believe that anybody could possibly find fault with their "amazing" rooms. The room 110, which is the only room I can comment on was firstly, designed by a man (Obvious to a woman) & has no regard to what a guest really wants or needs in a room, especially a woman. I have never seen a response from this hotel to any review, be it good or bad. So I wrote everything down & handed it to them upon check out.
There are much cheaper & nicer places to stay. If you do stay here, make sure it's not room 110!
I have never being so upset & disappointed by a hotel in my life, & I'm sorry to say, IT RUINED MY ENTIRE HOLIDAY.
One star because balcony & view were nice

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

from the moment my wife and i arrived the service was first class, all the staff were excellent the room we had was out of this world (superior ) overlooking the garden.The whole of the hotel and gardens including pool were spotless and very attractive.We would without hesitation stay there again.The room was superb with fantastic bathroom and massive balcony,the staff were so helpful nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking garden on south side
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Parc Hotel Flora? Share your experiences!