Our family of 5 - 4 adults and one child have just returned from a 2 week stay at The Grand Hotel Riva and it was brilliant! The staff are warm, helpful and professional, we were made to feel at home from the start and by the end of the holiday we felt we had made friends with the waiters, the chambermaid and the receptionists. They offered advice about travelling around the lake and we were even introduced to Bernard's girlfriend- Bernard was a lovely young man who joked with my son every day and whispered in the mornings at breakfast so as not to disturb the other guests. Ignazio a lovely generous and warm hearted man who was clearly,firmly in charge and his staff - who obviously respected him and worked so hard for him in a quiet unobtrusive way, creating an atmosphere that many Restaurant managers would long for. Mohammed made me toast every morning without me even having to ask.The food was lovely - especially the pasta - the best I have tasted anywhere... The menu was varied and again the chef was willing and accommodating regarding leaving sauces off the steaks etc when asked.The chambermaid changed out towels daily and left the room spotless each day, she too was friendly and lovely to talk to. The receptionists were friendly and always said hello and goodbye as we left the hotel, ensuring that we felt like welcome guests returning and leaving home each day. Everyone was attentive and I would firmly recommend that you go to this lovely hotel in the BEST spot in Riva and enjoy it all. I have returned back home thoroughly rested after a brilliant time in a lovely hotel in my favourite part of Lake Garda. To Ignazio, Bernard & Mohammed - Thank you for making our holiday extra special and an huge thank you for all that you do each day in making The Grand Hotel Riva a very special hotel.
When we were there at the beginning of July 2013 there was a group of cyclists from Germany who have been visiting the hotel for the last 18 years! Says it all really...
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Grand Hotel Riva Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Hotel Riva is an elegant hotel in Liberty style in the historic centre of Riva del Garda, offering a breathtaking view of Lake Garda and the lush green area surrounding its banks. The interiors are completely renovated in a contemporary style with a touch of flair to allow you to experience modern style combined with maximum comfort and a price that is accessible to all. The Grand Hotel Riva is the ideal destination for those interested in taking a vacation with their family as well as for sports lovers or people coming to Lake Garda for business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hotel Riva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.