We have just returned from a very enjoyable holiday at this hotel. We stayed in a garden room which we really liked as it was very peaceful and quiet and we enjoyed strolling through the very well maintained, mature garden to breakfast and evening meal. You would not know that the hotel is so close to a main road as the trees have been carefully planted and the view from the bar terrace and the pool of the surrounding mountains was stunning. We also realised that the sun sets behind the mountain much earlier in Riva so the town is in the shade while we could enjoy the evening sunshine and a glass of aperol spritz at the hotel.The view from the spa was also very carefully designed and I found this very relaxing and stress-relieving!
We could not fault the food and wine ( only 12 euros for a bottle of local wine)and especially enjoyed the variety of sea food on offer each evening.
I found the staff to be very professional, especially the lady on reception who was very helpful in arranging a packed breakfast for us when we went on a day trip to Venice; we noticed that we were the only ones on the coach who seemed to have been provided this by our hotel and it had been very carefully prepared for us with enough to keep us going all day!
i agree with a few other reviews that it would have been better/ more convenient if the free bike hire had been available for longer than three hours. However it is possible to cycle straight from the hotel on a cycle path into Riva, avoiding the need to cycle on the road which we hadn't been expecting. We also found the temperature of the dining room very cool in the evenings, although that could have been because the outside temperaure was not very high once the sun had set! ; eg it was too cold to wear a sleeveless dress.
We did a different walk straight from the hotel each day and found the position to be perfect.
I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who enjoys peaceful surroundings,orderly and efficient service and good Italian food!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in an oasis of peace within 15,000 m2 of park terrain, Astoria Park Hotel welcomes its guests in an elegant ambiance of distinguished design to offer an exclusive stay in infinite comfort. Enjoy a vacation filled with pleasures for the palate with genuine and delectable dishes. Feel complete wellbeing in the warm and modern Social Spa area and in the comfortable, ample and luminous rooms and suites. At our hotel at Lake Garda with a marvellous pool, you will experience an ideal vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Astoria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Astoria Park
- Astoria Park Riva Del Garda
- Astoria Park Hotel Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy