Loved this hotel - food was great, staff in restaurant so helpful with wicked sense of humour - really made us feel at home. There was a Pirate festival in the town while we were there, and we were invited to a party on the rooftop sun terrace to watch the brilliant fireworks on the lake, which is directly in front of the hotel. I felt that the male receptionists were a little dour, but they were still helpful.
The room was spotless and the beds very comfortable. One thing about the bathroom - although there was a shower spray, it's only about 2ft up the wall, and there was no shower curtain (it wasn't "missing" - it just didn't exist!), so we had to sit in the bath to shower - and I still managed to soak the bathroom floor a couple of times. Luckily it was so hot that it dried quickly.
The air conditioning temperature is centrally controlled and comes out really slowly - coming from chilly England, we found the room to be too warm really.
There was only 1 lift, and boy was it slow!
Overall though, it was such a lovely hotel to stay in, and with such a superb location. Our room was at the front, and the view was just breathtaking - day and night. Being there during the festival was such a bonus too - so much entertainment laid on for both adults and children, and all the shops joined in by putting treasure or pirates in their windows. We saw a clothes shop with a skeleton in the window, wearing rags. Great fun.
- Also Known As:
- Sole Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Sole Riva Del Garda
- Hotel Sole Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Refurbished 1890 hotel blends tradition with modern comforts, restaurant offers regional cuisine; sits overlooking the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.