My gorgeous girlfriend and I recently returned from a wonderful week spent in Riva del Garda. We opted to stay at the Hotel Feeling Luise having read all the positive reviews and I am pleased to say we weren't disappointed. The hotel is modern and clean, the staff were warm and helpful at all times, the room was a decent size with fully working air-conditioning, the breakfast was plentiful and to a good standard, and the swimming pool was always on hand for a nice refreshing dip in the midday sun. It easily lives up to its 4-star rating.
Getting to the hotel was the only tricky part. Having already booked the holiday through easyjet, i soon realised a transfer from Milan to Riva was going to be VERY expensive, so we had to take the public transport option. I will bore you with these details now should you find yourself in the same situation...Upon arrival in Milan Malpensa, you will need to take the Malpensa Shuttle bus to Milan Centrale Train Station (10euros single 12euros return if bought on the plane). You will then need to catch a train to Rovereto (with a change of trains at Verona). Having arrived in Rovereto you will need to catch the bus directly outside the train station which takes you to Riva in about 45mins, it also passes the hotel so make sure you get off a couple of stops before the bus finishes its journey at the Riva autostazione. The bus from Rovereto also isn't that frequent, roughly every 90mins, so plan ahead with regards to what train you take or you might be waiting a while at Rovereto. Other travel options are also available...getting a train from Milan Centrale to Desenzano del Garda, and then catching a boat from Desenzano to Riva (boat trip can take up to 3hours though). You can also get a train from Milan to Peschiera del Garda or Verona, and then get a bus from either of these stations to Riva del Garda, with both bus trips taking up to 2 hours.
Back to the holiday...The hotel is in an ideal location, a mere 10 minute walk from the historic lake-side centre of Riva. On the opposite side of the road from the hotel is a pathway that leads down to a beautiful park that soon leads onto the lake, and offers a more scenic yet slightly longer stroll into the town centre. Riva itself is a beautiful and buzzing little town, helped by the fact that the European Football Championships were playing and Italy kept winning! There are a wide variety of restaurants to choose from, predominantly offering Italian or German food, and im pleased to say i didnt have a bad meal all holiday. Leon d'oro was a particular favourite of ours!
The main square in Riva (Piaza 3rd November) is dominated by the beautiful clock tower which is worth a climb to the top for lovely views out across the lake. For even better views we walked a short way up the mountain to the Bastion. Getting a pedalo out onto the lake and going for a swim is also a must! Other than what Riva has to offer, taking a trip to the lake-side town of Limone makes for a pleasant day trip, and I highly highly recommend taking the short bus journey to Tenno where you can visit the magical waterfalls (Cascata Varone).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Luise is just 500 meters from Riva Del Garda's historical center and a 3-minute walk from the lake. Built in 1959, and now a modern design hotel, it is inspired by the theme of the journey and by the atmosphere of the '50s and '60s. All rooms are newly renovated, with parquet and modern furniture, air conditioning and a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The superior rooms have a balcony. The Millelire restaurant serves a superb buffet breakfast, with sweet and savoury, and hot and cold dishes, and is open at night for dinner too. The Hotel offers an outdoor swimming pool, Wi-Fi connection in all the rooms and common areas, a private parking place, a children's playground and a kids' club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Luise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feeling Hotel Riva Del Garda
- Feeling Luise Hotel
- Hotel Luise Riva Del Garda/Nago, Italy