Actually I could see from the bed the sunrise! Alessandra was waiting for us after midnight to show us the free parking place.
1. kitchen hood! terrifying! all the cooking smoke and smell doesn't get out of room through the kitchen hood, as it is not a pipe or other device attached! So, everything is exhaust in the house: fumes and smoke, grease, moisture and even heat. 2. We stayed a week and we would have appreciated to have the towels changed. 3. They did not provide soap, shampoo nor dish soap, garbage bags, nothing. The sweep was like 100 years old so difficult to use, no other way to clean. 4. Nobody told where to throw the garbage. We had to left it out the room, in the building. Alessandra was mad to us, I tried to explain I didn't now where to throw, finally she explain to me where to, so after that was ok. More English would help, lucky we could understand some Italian 5. We wanted to pay by credit card - for this we had to go to Portoferraio. Twice, as first time they tried our card and said the POS doesn't work. They didn't seem interested to solve the problem. We called the next days! They said it doesn't work but might work on Sunday afternoon?! (we told we are leaving early on Monday). We went directly (Friday maybe), after we decided just to go at the office, tired of false promises. They tried to make the payment and said it doesn't work. Than they discovered that the POS didn't have paper so after refiling with paper the POS worked! We payed! 6. They should explain what they provide and what they don't. (First time we don't find soap, shampoo or dish soap). The rooms was ok, but need some maintenance works ASAP (not only in the kitchen)! The kitchen hood is useless as it is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the marina at Cavo, on the north coast of Elba Island, La Vecchia Scuola offers stylish apartments with kitchenette, satellite TV and air conditioning. The city of Rio Marina is just 7.5 Km away. All the bright apartments at Vecchia Scuola have light wooden floors and modern furnishings. Some have a bedroom sea view, while others have sea views from all rooms. Ferries to Piombino on the mainland arrive at the pier, just 120 meters away. In the surrounding streets you will find restaurants, shops and a small supermarket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your La Vecchia Scuola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Vecchia Scuola Elba Island/Rio Marina, Italy