“Great hotel for cycling holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 283 Hotels in Riccione
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“Great hotel for cycling holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Just back from hotel dory after a good week of cycling, second time using this hotel ,highly recommend it , good location great food and friendly efficient staff . Very good value too if you go for an all inclusive package, the hire bikes are excellent Scott carbon fibre bikes and good mechanical backup available . Cycling begins at 9.30am and there are four groups of different abilities and speeds open to choose from so no one is left out also cycles are back at hotel by 2 pm most days so plenty of time to explore riccione or just relax on the nearby beach. Stefano the owner is a great host and very personable and makes everyone welcome . Hope to return again next year :)

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my third visit to Hotel Dory and still they managed to surprise and impress me. The pick-up from Bologna was smooth and incredibly good value compared to a pre-booked taxi. We had a standard room this time, which had more traditional furnishings but still clean and comfortable. The room was spacious with two balconies and an effective shower room. As it was Easter weekend, we were greeted with a little bag of homemade chocolates in the room - a lovely and thoughtful touch. This time I was accompanied by my husband - usually I visit with my sports club team-mates. He has an aversion to buffet food and so we had planned to eat out at night for that reason but he completely enjoyed the Italian regional food served in the restaurant and he particularly loved the high quality nibbles served at the bar every evening and also on Easter Sunday lunchtime, together with complimentary Prosecco! Riccione was much more lively this time as the shops and restaurants were open for the summer season and we enjoyed strolling along the promenade indulging in a spot of people watching. The town is a typical Italian family seaside resort with plenty of shops, restaurants and coffee bars together with a broad, sandy beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just gor back from a week at the Hotel Dory..first time in Italy and first time on a bike holiday. The hotel and staff were excellent..food and rooms were great. The biking was much harder than I had anticipated (I am a spinner...never been road biking!) But after the first day I moved to the "bikeness" group with Sandro...and I had a fabulous time. The rides were so beautiful. My only complaint was the weather :( we had unseasonably cold and rainy weather....but we still had a great time! Thank you Hotel Dory

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Amman, Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My friend and I have stayed in this Hotel during January 2013 while Sigep Exhibition is running in Rimini.
First, they have gave us a lower type of room that we booked because they said that the room is unavailable. On the second day hile we were out of the hotel, we discovered when we returned back that they have moved our stuff and changed our room to another one. For us, this is an unacceptable act in all the standard that we know... Specially that they have given the old room to another customer while our stuff are still in the Safe Box (Money and Passports) in addition, they forgot some of the items (Clothes) that we bought.
We complained and requested to see the Manager which refused to come and meet us.
As a result we have called the Police since what they did is totally unacceptable from one hand and from the other hand, they did not admit that they have mistaken.
The only good thing about the hotel is the Breakfast.
All in all, I don't recommend this hotel to anyone...

Room Tip: Don't choose a room in the annex building
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hotel_Dory_Riccione, Proprietario at Hotel Dory, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm sorry but I really struggle to understand the reason for this review. Let's recap how the facts really went : first of all you had exactly the room you had booked. Since you were not satisfied, we set about to change it and make you stay in a room to your liking, agreeing that the next morning you would have to introduce you to the reception with your luggage and personal effects to make the move. The next morning you have not submitted and to make you a favor my staff has taken steps to move your belongings in the room of your choice. I remember very well (because it is not true that I refused to meet you, indeed, I was immediately rushed and I offered dinner) the unfortunate incident with the police that you wished to consult. All of your things were perfectly in place and police themselves were amazed of your call and apologized to us ... the next day you too are shown perfectly calm, without any remonstrance to claim. I am very sorry for what happened but our goal was simply to meet your needs in the shortest possible time.
I do not understand then why you say that you don't recommend our hotel, which is actually quite enjoyed by all types of customers who frequent it, as evidenced by the reviews. In the face of constructive criticism are always grateful, because there is always something to improve, but it escapes me exactly the meaning of this review since it specifically refers to an episode in which my staff have demonstrated that they have done everything possible to satisfy you without creating any damage.
yours truly,

Stefano Giuliodori
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've stayed at Dory so many times now it feels like coming home, but is for us the very best part of an Italian Holiday. Rooms are exellent, clean and well appointed from the simple double to the most elegant suite, and 'better' now includes adjacent properties, often with parking, with some great rooms and apartments.
The amenities, like pool, spa, bicycle shop and childrens area (great place for families) are well presented, and have great equipment. Our favorite, though, is the lobby and social area, where you can enjoy something from the bar if you like and just sit on the balcony and meet some interesting people from the rest of the world.
It is the food, however, that is one of the very best features. Although there are lots of nearby restaurants to enjoy, the best of them may be that at Hotel Dory. The menu each day is presented in many languages, and always offers creative, fresh, and delicious selections. We find ourselves having breakfast and dinner here most days (lunchtime we are out touring the area) and never tiring of the menu. I've included a photo of one day's dinner menu for your pleasure. We strongly recommend you select a stay here with the 'full board' package, a terrific value!

Room Tip: WE have not found a bad room in five stays, from full suite to double room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rivolta d'Adda, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent 4 days there, a long weekend in November. We had an apartment, new, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and we enjoyed the food and the "aperitivo" in the evening.
There is an area for children, a bit too small and poor. The hotel is very close to the centre and the beach. The spa is tiny but children are allowed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a great idea for people who want to do a cycling holiday but don't want to keep moving around. It is much more geared to the serious cyclist though than people like me - more of a leisure cyclist who wants great rides every day but isn't aiming for the Tour de France. The 'Bikeness' group is meant to cater for this level but while I was there (the tail end of the season in late October) either the ability/interest range was too wide or there weren't enough people for separate groups, so on some days the ride was painfully slow and on others it was a bit beyond my level but below that of the others there. I was surprised that the guides didn't speak much English and the groups were actually conducted in French (mostly Belgians and Canadians in the group) but that was fine. The service and facilities in the hotel was impeccable. Fabulously helpful and friendly staff (special praise for Massimo at reception, and extra special thanks for posting my left-behind phone charger back to me in Australia and not wanting payment), the food at each meal (all inclusive buffets) was delicious and changed each day (except the coffee at breakfast from the machine which was in drinkable), the bikes were good quality. Because it was nearly the end of the season there wasn't much else to do in Riccione. I think it would be a different experience earlier in the season and if I was in Italy again I'd certainly consider returning.

Room Tip: Each room seems to have a different layout so it might be worth checking if there's a type that...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Dory? Share your experiences!