“Negatives slightly outweighed the positives...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288
Viale Gioacchino d'Anna, 5, 84010 Ravello, Italy   |
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
London
“Negatives slightly outweighed the positives...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Before I begin on the negative aspects of the Parisfal (which are only my opinion as I am aware of all the rave reviews), I must commend the staff at this hotel. Everyone was faultlessly friendly and welcoming which we really appreciated. The view from our room was also nothing short of breathtaking.

Unfortunately, despite these positives, I thought it was only fair to comment on the less favourable aspects to give a fair description of the hotel. The room decor was quite tired, the bed and pillows were extremely uncomfortable. The bathroom was extremely dated, and we had to have a shower sitting in the bath as there was no room to stand up! We paid extra for air conditioning, what we got was a plug in fan...

The breakfast also left a lot to be desired, with not a great amount of choice.

As we were paying what we consider to be an awful lot of money to stay here, overall I am afraid that I cannot give a better reiview than 3/5.

Room Tip: The hotel was fully booked when we arrived, otherwise we would have asked to see another room in cas...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Ravello, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our visit this time was to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary and as usual Antonio,Leonardo,Raphael and Luciano made this very special for us. I have mentioned in my previous reviews that Parsifal is indeed something very special and I am pleased that many people have now had the experience of staying at what I consider to be the best hotel in Italy.
If I was able to award 10 out of 10 for everything that Antonio and his family run hotel does to make every guest feel special, then I would.
I have recommended Parsifal to many of my friends who have indeed taken my advice, as not only do they get a first class service from Antonio and the rest of the team, but they get the opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful, scenic parts of Italy.
Many thanks again Antonio for everything you did for us on our special day and as I said when I we left on Friday, I will be in touch to book our 10th visit next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are extremely good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I read all the reviews before I booked and thought too good to be true, and thought this Antonio chap was a myth,no one is that good. Well let me tell you he is as good as his reviews, and so is the Hotel he and his Family own/run

My wife and I have just got back (5/9/13) from a Family wedding in Ravello we spent 10 day's in the Hotel, and used it as a base to go on many trips, as the title of this review says "It's all True" and I cann't add to all the great comments that have previously been said, it's all well documentated about the views, how peacefull, and how friendly the staff are, there I have fell in the trap of repeating what other's have said,I swore, I would just say, it's all true, but the place just get's to you

It was our first time in Italy, and Wow, what a place," I will be back" thats the 2nd movie quote of the holiday, the first was when I climbed what seemed to be 200 steps to the Almalfi Cathedral , when reaching the top I, and on asking,many others sang the Rocky theme tune," Eye of a Tiger"
but let me say well worth the effort, as with many of the churches around.

What more can I say......nothing,.........I thought.........."It's True " .....would say it all....I hope it does

To Antonio, I told you that you are Trip Advisor Famous, and boy you were so cool about it, My wife Cathy and I ( Peter, Big Peter, as you called me) would like to thank you, and your family, for our fantastic stay, and look forward till we meet again.
Room 28 sea view , cloisters view, and air con, .....BLISS

Room Tip: 28 good but next time we would ask for 29 air / con a must
St. Albans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I would agree with most of the comments made in other reviews. If you like the antiseptic uniformity of international hotel chains then this isn't for you. But if you want to experience true Italian hospitality, comfort, and great food with the care for guests that you only get from a family run business then Hotel Parsifal is for you. We stayed in two rooms with our three children aged 12 to 6. Antonio and his family team were extremely welcoming from the outset, including the booking process and final queries by email before arrival. The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. The food is excellent, especially dinner on the lovely terrace where you can eat a fixed price menu or a la carte. And the views are spectacular, and can be enjoyed from the courtyard, the terrace at dinner, or for some rooms from private balconies. All the staff were extremely welcoming to the children and we felt at home and relaxed there instantly. The hotel is located very conveniently for central Ravello and prices are very reasonable for Ravello.

If you go think about what is most important from the rooms you book. They are all comfortable I think, but some have terraces, others (not all) have air conditioning. We did have air conditioning and were grateful for it in hot August weather. I found Antonio very helpful over email in helping us decide what we wanted.

I'd strongly recommend this hotel - we had a wonderful time there and will be coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with air conditioning if going in the height of summer and heat affects you
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Antonio, I have struggled for weeks to write a review worthy of your superior service! I wanted it to be perfection as you deserve that! I’m not entirely sure I’ve reached perfection yet, but please know I give you my absolute highest recommendation and would tell anyone to visit your hotel to be surrounded by warm Italian hospitality provided by your family!

After already having the wedding on our dreams on a beautiful terrace overlooking the sparkling deep blue sea in Positano, I thought the day couldn't possibly get any better.....I was completely wrong! We ended the evening hosted by Antonio Mansi at Hotel Parsifal for an intimate candlelit dinner on a terrace with amazing views of the Amalfi Coast and sea. I have come to the definitive conclusion that the Italian translation for "hospitality" is "Antonio" as I've truly never witnessed a more welcoming and hospitable man. He truly made our evening special as it was the perfect ending to our fairytale wedding. When our car arrived at Hotel Parsifal after the ceremony and afternoon of taking pictures in Ravello, Antonio was outside to greet us and help us inside with all of our belongings. He escorted us out onto his beautiful terrace and I honestly was overwhelmed by what Antonio had done for us! He had found a beautiful silver candelabra and gorgeous floral centerpieces. If our wedding ceremony was a dream come true, our dinner hosted by Antonio was the perfect ending to our fairy tale celebration and beginning to happily ever after. Antonio was an exceptional host the entire evening and the service was impeccable--flawless! Antonio, I have 19+ years experience in the hospitality/service industry myself and you blew me away with your genuine and warm demonstration of true Italian hospitality! He also surprised us with a beautiful wedding cake at the end of the evening! I can't possibly recommend Antonio enough and next time we visit the Amalfi Coast, we plan to stay with Antonio and his brothers in Ravello. We truly thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for creating the most magical and memorable evening of our lives! One final note that I shouldn't leave out...I tried to give Antonio a gratuity at the end of the evening for his outstanding service and he politely declined stating in was "his pleasure," but I persisted. He eventually accepted the money and put it into a tin behind the front desk saying, "Okay then...for the children." He was donating the gratuity that he had earned to benefit the children! Antonio, you are truly a man with the greatest desire to create exceptional memories for your guests with a genuine heart of gold to go along with it! Grazie mille!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved our 4 night stay in Ravello at the Hotel Parsifal. The rooms were comfortable, clean, up to date and quiet. Both had lovely views. This is a simple, relaxing place that can not be beat for the price and experience. Antonio and his family run a stellar business with customer needs and interests as top priority. We stayed in several hotels in Italy on this trip and we all agreed that Parsifal was our favorite because it was lovely and beautiful. As a guest you feel appreciated and well cared for. Ravello is an ideal place to stay. I can not recommend Parsifal enough.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had wonderful week in Parsifal. Great location (5 minutes from Ravello's main square, 2 minutes from supermarket) quiet, with spectacular view. Family friendly - we were travelling with our 1,5 year son, who was treated like a little prince :-) First but surely not a last time there...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Parsifal Antico Convento del 1288? Share your experiences!