“Perfection with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
east greenwich
“Perfection with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Where to begin when you find heaven on earth!
From the moment we arrived the front desk made us feel totally at home and pampered
I had forgotten my cholesterol medication and within an hour Maurizio had it arrive at our room. So for me I could relax and know that nothing was going to be a problem. Yolanda showed us around the property with such enthusiasm and charm that we knew our vacation was to be very special!!!!
Giovanni was our host at breakfast and at dinner and he was fantastic at both. He remembered what we liked and along with Alfonso made every meal flawless service.
Every part of the hotel is perfect and every service person is there to make sure you are well taken care of! It is a vacation that will make you sorry to leave and anxious to return
We thank the Hotel Caruso for pampering us with such ease. It is truly a hotel that takes the guest seriously

• Stayed July 2014
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Sirs,

On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your amazing words.

It makes me so happy to hear that you felt so pampered and at home at the Belmond Hotel Caruso and that you appreciated the efforts of every single staff member.

I hope you will give us soon again the opportunity to make you feel like in heaven on earth!

Best wishes,

Franco Girasoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent 2 nights at Ravello during our week-long trip through the Amalfi Coast and were lucky enough to book a room at Hotel Caruso. The property is amazing as I don't think there's a single window in that hotel that doesn't showcase a jaw-dropping view. The building and the landscaping are meticulously maintained. Most of the staff were exceptionally professional but there were a few who seemed a little hesitant to help out. This may just be due to them joining the team recently and so I wouldn't hold that against them, plus, the senior staff more than made up for any inconveniences we experienced. All in all, we had a fantastic time and hope that we'll be lucky enough to visit again. Thanks again HC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share this comment on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Belmond Hotel Caruso for your stay at the Amalfi Coast.

What a pleasure to read that you had a fantastic time with us and that you enjoyed so much our stunning views and amazing surroundings.

All our staff are so passionate on their work and it makes me happy to hear how much you appreciated the professionalism of our senior staff.

Hope to have you soon again as our guests at the Belmond Hotel Caruso.

Kindest regards

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I travelled to the Caruso from its sister property the San Michele in Florence. Having received welcoming, flawless service at the SM we expected the same at the Caruso. When we arrived, the staff at check in were indifferent at best. There was an air of superiority, which we were prepared to overlook thinking it may have just "been a bad day" as it appeared there were several weddings being held at the hotel. However after four days the attitude has not changed. During our stay my husband and I did some of the amazing walks around the area and on our return, the front desk staff did not acknowledge our passage past the desk unless we spoke first. We were even questioned if we were staying in the hotel (we always dressed to the expected standard of the hotel). Tonight, after we dressed for dinner (jacket and collared shirt) we took a short walk into town and, on our return, we again walked passed the front desk staff and no one raised their eyes from whatever it was they were doing until we purposefully said " buona sera". Having said this, all the other staff in the breakfast room, The Belvedere and the pool restaurant delivered service commensurate with the expectation of this hotel. The response from the reception staff can either make or break a guest's stay, unfortunately, in the case of the Caruso they let the property down.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

The feedback of our clients is very important for us and we use it to improve ourselves constantly.

I feel truly sorry that the front office staff who are usually so passionate about their work were not able to show you enough attention and to make you feel important. Naturally I discussed your observation already with the relevant persons.

All the more it makes me happy to learn that all the other services at the Belmond Hotel Caruso came up to your expectations.

We sincerely hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our front office staff.

Best wishes

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been surprised to see a couple of negative Trip Advisor reviews of the Hotel Caruso recently and would like to offer our perspective.
My wife and I stayed there very recently for over a week in the second half of June 2014. This was our third visit in the last two years which probably speaks for itself. Our room, which was in the category of Junior Suite Deluxe, was excellent, very spacious and light with a large balcony and superb views over Minori and Maiori and the coastline beyond. The breakfasts were always top quality with great service, an extensive buffet and also a large choice of cooked breakfasts. I do not usually eat cake for breakfast but the selection was irresistible. I happened to mention to the Head Waiter that I particularly liked the Chocolate Cake and although I was not angling for it he insisted on having one made especially for us to take home!
The Hotel enjoys an extensive footprint with beautifully tended terraced gardens. It is well worth getting the Head Gardener, who speaks excellent English, to take you around if you like gardens. It is his pride and joy and he is passionate and very knowledgeable about everything in it.
The pool area is stunning; the view from the Infinity Pool being one of the best in Europe in my view and the comment from one recent reviewer that it is like being on someone’s roof in NYC is incomprehensible.The poolside restaurant is a particular delight with a superb selection of salads, pastas, pizzas, grilled fish and meats. There is a lovely choice of wines and again excellent service. Because the gardens are large there is plenty of room for sun loungers even when it is busy. The pool attendants were friendly, efficient and charming.
The staff were invariably friendly and nothing ever seemed to be too much trouble – I know this is the way it should be in a top class Hotel but it was nevertheless much appreciated. We had one or two minor issues which we took up with the Hotel before we left which were addressed and resolved happily to all parties. There is an excellent and charming Guest Relations Manager who we noted goes out of her way to speak to all the Guests and make sure they are happy.
Having stayed in a number of top class Hotels in Europe and beyond we consider The Caruso to be one of the best.
We hope we are fortunate enough to be able to return at some stage in the future.

Room Tip: Would recommend rooms at the back of the main Hotel overlooking terraced gardens, Minori and Maiori.
Dear Sirs,

In the name of the entire staff I would like to thank for your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

It is a real honour to read how much you enjoyed the beauty of this unique place and that you appreciated so highly our friendly and professional staff.

We are all so passionate about our work and to be considered from you as one of the best hotels in Europe is not only a fantastic compliment but shows us also that we are doing something right!

We really hope that to have very soon again the possibility to welcome you at the Belmond Hotel Caruso!

Warmest regards from Ravello,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't be phased by the initial impression , give it time and this hotel will reveal its real qualities which are both timeless and satisfying. One of the best views from a dining room in Europe if the weather is good

Room Tip: Spend the money on a sea view
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn about your satisfaction and that you consider the views from the Belmond Hotel Caruso as one of the best in Europe.

It would be a pleasure to have you soon again as our guests.

Kind regards

Ravello (Sa)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Booked by American Express Platinum the Caruso simply is not worth the price they are charging. View is nice, but the pool feels like you are on someone's roof in NYC, room needed paint, staff is average

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for taking your time to write this comment on Tripadvisor.

I am deeply sorry to hear that your stay at the Caruso did not meet your expectations and that our price/performance ratio did not satisfy you.

You are completely right, the porch outside the garden of your suite needed a partial re-paint which has been effected in the meantime. We really apologize for this carelessness.

Please permit me to point out that the Caruso is highly appreciated by our guests not only because of its excellent service offered by its professional and cordial staff but also because it has one of the most spectacular infinity pools in the world which is famous for its stunning views on the amazing Amalfi Coast.

As we constantly work to improve our services I would be more than grateful to receive more information about your dissatisfaction. Please feel free to send me a personal message to my e-mail address franco.girasoli@belmond.com.

I really hope to welcome you again as our guests and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was such a disappointment after my wonderful stay at its sister hotel,Grand Hotel Timeo directly beforehand. The welcome was diffident at best - I was obviously an exception in a venue heavily directs towards couples,weddings etc. I was asked three times in two hours if I was 'solo'; once this was established I was relegated to the furthest table in the terrace restaurant where it took 25 minutes to 'chase' a menu and 35 to further request a wine list. The room with a balcony I had confirmed was a terrace where the sea could be seen only if one stood outside on the terrace. Highlights of the three night stay were my tour of the garden with Head Gardener Gaetano whose passion,knowledge and achievement in this challenging location are a true wonder and the enjoyable BBQ dinner by the best pool in the world! Sadly,I'll look elsewhere next visit.

• Stayed June 2014
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank your for taking your precious time to share your comment on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour in our beautiful gardens as well as the special BBQ dinner and that you appreciated our unique infinity pool and our welcome upon arrival.

At the same time I feel truly sorry that you received the impression to have been disadvantaged by the fact of travelling alone. Please be assured that all clients, whether solo traveller, couple or family, have the same importance for us. Our restaurant terrace was completely full when you arrived for dinner that evening. Of course this is no excuse for having kept you waiting and I really apologize for not having given you the service which is generally so highly appreciated by our guests.

I am more than sorry that you were not satisfied with your room and that we were wrong when thinking to do something nice by assigning you a room with a garden instead of a balcony. However, as soon as you informed us about your dissatisfaction we tried everything to change your room but since we were fully booked the first night we are able to offer you an eventual room change only for the next day. As I understood you preferred, due to your plans for the next days, to remain in your room without changing.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience we caused and I really hope you will give us a second chance to convince you of our quality.

Best wishes,

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!