“Beware with your car in Hotel Caruso!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Experiences
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
Sao Paulo, SP
“Beware with your car in Hotel Caruso!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Beware with your car in Hotel Caruso!!!

I went to Amalfy Coast this September, got a great hotel in Positano, but, since I heard very good things about Ravello, I made a reservation to have lunch in Caruso Hotel, with is supposed to be one of the bests in Amalfy coast. BUT IT'S NOT

The lunch was just ok, nothing different from a simple village restaurant you go in the village, but they charge you very expensive prices, I paid 168 euros for simple lunch for 2.

But the very serious thing that happen and I feel the obligation to alert visitors is that when I finished the lunch, I came down to the reception to get my Mercedes S Class when I CAUGHT THE VALET OF THE HOTEL USING MY CAR TO TRANSPORT OTHER GUESTS AND THEIR LUGGAGE!!! I left the car with the hotel valet and they used it as a hotel shuttle!!!

I alert the hotel reception immediately, they apologize and before I could get to my hotel in Positano, they called the front desk apologizing and warning that they would reimburse the cost of lunch in my credit card, which was never done, it was just a lie to prevent people from my hotel to know what they do with their guests car!

Beware of your car at the Hotel Caruso!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
FrancoGirasoli, Direttore at Belmond Hotel Caruso, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear sir, I have been made aware of the inexcusable incident caused by our valet when you returned back from lunch at Hotel Caruso. Our restaurant has always been recognised for its excellent cuisine and service so I am under the impression that your experience was spoiled by the previous mentioned inconvenience of which I apologise again. I would be happy to discuss this matter with you personally so that we can restore your faith in Hotel Caruso.

Please be so kind to contact me at fgirasoli@hotelcaruso.net at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

About a year ago we came to Amalfi coast hoping to find a place where we would like to get married !
Since the moment we stepped into Hotel Caruso we fell in love with it
Hotel owned by Orient Express Group it's definitely a gem among other 5 Star Luxury hotels on the coast.
You will find hotel staff -helpful , friendly and genuine in everything they do.
We randomly stepped into the hotel and were granted a tour with absolutely lovely Miss Tiziana Laterza.
She was kind enough to show us around, and talk to us about the possible dates, menu options on the very same day even though we haven't booked a tour of property ( this was mandatory everywhere else on coast ).
From this first meeting we knew we cannot possibly find better place for this special occasion.
When one thinks of Amalfi coast one imagines Amazing views, beautiful gardens, blue water , green mountains but to organize the wedding there one will need right people to help you make it happen.
I haven't hired a wedding planner as I wanted to be in control of every detail and I found - in team at Hotel Caruso led by Miss Tiziana - not only partners but also great friends . Tiziana and Donatella where there for me along the way, patiently dealing with my strange requests, last minute changes and wedding day emergencies.
We spent our wedding weekend in lovely suite with an stunning view. We got married in beautiful Wagner Garden under olive trees, we dance to our favorite songs by amazing infinity pool.
There are quite a few luxuries properties on Amalfi coast - and while we were looking for the wedding venue I got to visit them all. But if I could say there is definitely one - and for me -the most important thing that distinguishes Hotel Caruso from the others- it would be amazing HOTEL STAFF.
They are really, really great. And it seems to me their truly understand the meaning of a word hospitality.
Big, big thank you to Tiziana, Donatella, Baldo and everyone else who made this special for us day - truly amazing !

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is another hotel created from a large villa. It sits high on a ridge in Ravello, overlooking the Amalfi coast, which is one of the more beautiful places on this planet. We stayed for 5 nights and toured the surrounding towns from there.
THe grounds are terraced, and consist of gardens and groves of lemon trees. THe hotel itself is charming, old world, idiosyncratic. I'm told that few of the rooms are alike. The staff, as expected, were warm and professional.
Because the hotel wasn't full at this time of the year, we were upgraded to a larger room, one overlooking the sea and ate our breakfast on the balcony each morning overlooking the mountains and sea.
This is a very expensive hotel, make no mistake. Our room was 700 euro/day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sea. Look at several rooms first. Ask if you qualify for an upgrad...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a lovely 5 night stay at the Caruso.

Pros:
- The staff. Especially Ela at the front desk! She was amazing and any hotel would be thrilled to have her. Always a smile on her face and always happy to help. Also, Guisy in the gift shop. So sweet. And Thomaso at the pool restaurant and bar.
- Beautiful properly. Stunning views!
- Gorgeous pool area. Even prettier than the photos!
- Wonderful breakfast included. The views from the outdoor breakfast area are breathtaking. Also lunch or dinner was included in our package although we didn't take advantage of that every day.
- The location is perfect. 5 minute walk to town via a lovely cobblestone street with gorgeous architecture.
- The food at the pool restaurant is great! I had a plate of sautéed fresh mussels and clams… probably the best food I had in our 10-day trip. Unfortunately, the pool restaurant food isn't included in the "complimentary lunch or dinner" package.
- Nice gym facility.

Cons:
- We felt our room was a bit dated and dark. The rooms shown on the website are light-filled and furnished with lovely antiques... but our furniture was white wicker and seemed almost "second-hand" in style. However, the bathroom was very nice and had a huge walk-in shower.
- We were upgraded to a junior suite but if I had to do it over I would have asked to see another room. There was a large grassy terrace and an awning which made it darker inside. Plus, the view (which is the whole point here!) was far out beyond the window. We never used the terrace because if we wanted to be outside and enjoy the view we went to the gorgeous pool.
- We had dinner at the restaurant and were not impressed with the food that night.
- Be aware that the Bellinis offered at the pool restaurant are $26! Each!!
- I agree with a previous reviewer that the spa is not very inviting. I don't usually get spa treatments… but if I did this would have been a disappointment.
- We were told on the last day, while checking out, that we needed to pay cash for the concert tickets they got for us. Not that big of a deal, but we planned ahead to have only enough Euros to give tips and pay the car service so we had to scramble for more cash at the last minute. Would have been nice to know ahead of time.

All in all this is a lovely property and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. However, for the VERY high prices they charge, it was just less than perfect.

Room Tip: I wouldn't get a room with a grassy terrace. It made the view too far away and the awning made...
san diego

And WHAT a world it is!
Ravello is adorable and we spent three nights at The Hotel Caruso; It was AMAZING and I can not recommend it enough! Our room was 147 and we had a nice view down the Amalfi coast which was hundreds of meters below us. try to get a room in the private areas. We booked this just two days before getting there so we were happy.
The highlight is to lay by their infinity pool with a view to the south that is breath taking!
Service was amazing and all our meals were wonderful!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here on honeymoon and it was fabulous. This is a beautiful property with a wonderful setting. The food, accomodation was wonderful. A special place and a memory that will be with us for the rest of our lives.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

we stayed at positano but one day we want to visit ravello. we came there and we visit this hotel. there is beautiful interior and amazing gardens. they have pool with most beautiful view i ever see. if you can i think it is place to see. they have everything for relax. that is most romantic place in that area. very nice and interesting for couples. it is at center soo you can walk thrue the town and after that you can have your own piece and heaven. everything is full of flowers and everything is green. very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Belmond Hotel Caruso? Share your experiences!