“Very nice, great service, good character & personality” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Ravello
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice, great service, good character & personality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had booked a trip in April to stay at Villa Fraulo, but they had an electrical problem and were closed for several days, so we were re-booked next door in Palumbo. Overall, a very pleasant and romantic stay. The hotel lacks some "polish" that keeps it from being classified as 5 stars (compared to our experience in travels all over Europe, Caribbean, USA and Indian Ocean). The main things were that our room, which had a ton of character and a gorgeous view, had a bathroom that was a bit out-dated in its amenities, and the room opened directly to the lobby (where breakfast is served each morning). But these were small things, and well more than made up for by the outstanding, friendly and helpful staff. Additionally, the lobby is a beautiful and architecturally impressive old building, the view looking down the coast is stunning, and the location is great. Highly recommend getting a nice bottle of wine (go and see Branko at the Wine & Drugs just off of the Ravello square) and simply staying in, open the window and have a nice evening of talking, drinking wine and watching the beautiful coastline at night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Well, I must first say that my last name is Palumbo so that is indeed why I was initially attracted to this property. I checked it out many years ago after looking into getting married in Ravello. I ended up choosing Lake Como but both areas offer stunning settings and are equally lovely. So we saved Ravello for our 5 Year anniversary and chose to to do it one year earlier due to the fact that my wife and I are having a baby so we celebrated our 4 year anniversary and our baby moon here. Now onto the hotel. Just perfect!!! It's exactly what you would want in a hotel. The views are breathtaking and are the exact same views as the Caruso and Sasso which are extremely expensive in comparison. The shower was literally one of the best I have ever had and I travel all of the world and the U.S. often The water pressure and hot water were unbelievable....I kept yelling out to my wife....this shower is fantastic. Everyone loves a great shower. The hotel itself feels warm and welcoming and maybe that's because the staff is possibly the best that I have experienced at ANY hotel. They surely blow away anything that I have experienced in Italy. And they speak English...some VERY well which is quite refreshing after hearing myself stumble over the beautiful Italian language. I still remember all of them: Andrea, Marianna, Daniele and of course Francecsa who was fantastic. My wife and I came down with a one day sickness which we later realized was the one day Flu. At the time though we had no idea how long we would be sick and were extremely worried about my wife and the baby. Francesca not only gave me the last of her medicine (that she said was ok for my wife to take because she is also a mother and took it when she was pregnant and her Dr. said it was ok) but she wanted to reassure us so she actually called the hospital and spoke to a Dr. to confirmed that it was indeed ok. It worked on my wife like a charm and within one day were back on our feet. I'd say it was probably the best possible place to be sick because we could not get up or do anything...we stayed in our room for over 24 hours...going out to the porch to catch a quick peek at the view every few hours. But oh what a place to be alive and well or sick and dying...Ravello is the place where you want to do nothing but just BE in the moment with no requirements placed upon you! The only challenge is to be where your body is! We often drift to our worries and project ourselves into the future when on vacation or when faced with a literally awe inducing spectacle as Ravello's beautiful landscape thrusts upon your senses. Such beauty as Ravello is a bit intimidating and challenging...because once you see it...you will be forever changed having known what true beauty is. Most future sights will pale in comparison. Are you ready to be disappointed with everything you see after visiting Ravello? I'd say it's worth the risk for we will always have Italy to come back to. To end, you will not be disappointed with Ravello and you will not be disappointed with The Palumbo.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

While in Ravello we went into the lobby of this hotel in order to visit the premises, supposed to be beautiful by the travel guides we read. We found the lobby and the terrace superb with an exceptional view of the whole coast. On my way out, I accidentally kicked a small glass vase with sand and a candle in it which was on the floor and broke it. I immediately appologized to the front desk and offered to pay for the damage. The gentlemen at the front desk ( I later knew his name was Andrea Pizzoferro ) was very polite and good willing and said he wil call the general manager and owner to ask about the value of the damage. Three minutes later he was back saying that the owner understands that things like that may happen and that he wants me to keep a good remembrance of the hotel - and therefore there will be no charge! While being speechless about the manner this was handled, Mr Pizzoferro of the front desk instantly said that regardless of what happened ,we should feel free to visit the other parts of the hotel. Not only that , but he offered graciously to accompany us on a tour of the hotel with explanations! He took us to the gardens, upper floors, restaurant, public spaces- everything explained in a very friendly manner and in a perfect , accent less , English. What I saw was an outstanding hotel in every detail, superb public spaces, astonishing views, beautiful gardens and a very elegant restaurant, with an original painting masterpiece of the middle ages. Although I did not stay in this hotel, what I saw and the outstanding behavior and friendship of Mr Pizzoferro make me recommend this hotel. Personally I will definitely stay there if I return to Ravello.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sidney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time at Hotel Palumbo. A glass of wine on the little bar terrace with the spectacular views was about as good as it could get. Heaven!
The breakfast served on the upper terrace was fabulous. The antiques alone were amazing.
We were most impressed by the excellent care and attention by Andrea of the Front Desk. He could well have been the manager! Thank you Andrea for making our stay so memorable.

(The hotel drivers, Adriano and Salvatore were professional, and personable... thanks to them as well for being so helpful.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been to this family owned estate for a stay three times. Every time the service is wonderful and the town of Revello is spectacular. I would much rather be at this hotel and city overlooking the med and the towns below. I know the family dog Popo is no longer in the house and it has been a few years since I have been there but I would take this hotel and this town over any in Posiyano.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed in room 32 on the 2nd floor which was quite spacious with a large bath.

The restaurant was still closed for the season, but breakfast was OK with good coffee.

Service was excellent: they held my hand while I waited for my lost luggage (actually, we drove to Sorrento and took the ferry to Capri, they did call me when it arrived).

Bit of a hike to Mamma Agata's cooking school, so we took a taxi back.

I had previously stayed at Hotel Parsival which has been recently renovated: after dinner there, we saw room # 29 which is quite nice and has a great view.

I would recommend Hot. Palumbo and, of course, Ravello.

Room Tip: # 32 was quite nice, comfy, and quiet.