“Paradise. Bright, happy and the best views on planet earth.” 5 of 5 stars

B & B I Limoni
Via Gradoni 14 | San Cosma, 84010 Ravello, Italy   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Ravello B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Paradise. Bright, happy and the best views on planet earth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Standing on the terrace overlooking Minori and the amazing citrus-grove hillsides leaves one breathless. My partner and I fell utterly and immediately in love with I Limoni.

The studio was clean and airy, everything we could need was there including a lovely chilled bottle of wine to welcome us.

Luigi was always available and helped us out whenever he could and made us feel very at home and relaxed. We intentionally called an early night in town just so we could spend more time here.

Yes, there's a lot of stairs, but ALL of Ravello has a lot of stairs. As other posters have said, if you can't handle climbing them, go on holiday to Utah.

We said 'thank you, see you again' to Luigi when we left and we meant it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nordegg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We loved staying here. It was difficult to find , but we stopped and asked locals who pointed us in direction of top of stairs. Despite the long stairs( 272) by my count ! ,rooms were nice. Views plus the various church bells and atmosphere were fantastic. Luigi and Rosealba were gracious hosts.
Bottom line, I would go back in an instant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights on a holiday on the Amalfi coast. Our hosts could not have been more friendly or welcoming which helped to diffuse my temper after the decent of 255 uneven stone steps in the mid-day heat with a 20kg suitcase.The total decent from Ravello is actually 527 steps, but the first 272 are a breeze, relatively speaking! The views over the Gulf of Salerno towards Maiori and Minori are stunning and the grassy terrace is a splendid place to while away an afternoon.While I would heartily recommend this place to anyone, the access issue is not to be underestimated.Avoid suitcases and opt for rucksacks if possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

...don't be fooled, access to I limoni is not for the fainthearted: 250 uneven steps up (or preferably down) a precipitous Amalfitan hillside from whichever direction you approach. However you'll soon find that every step is worth it: amazing vistas down over Maiori, from a patio platform perched right in the middle of a huge lemon grove. In addition to the lofty picturesque experience for which Ravello is famed, we found the sense of tranquillity and privacy here surprising and invaluable, following the bustle of much of the rest of the riviera. Wonderful warmth from i padroni, helpful orientation and considerable patience for our odd late night and colazione laid for subsequent even later mornings. We plan to return: so don't tell everyone, and try not to arrive, like we did, in the middle of the night. Those steps need light first time around!

• Stayed June 2012
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went there with my girlfriend and we lost ourselves in this beautiful spot in the midth of a lemon garden with a 360 view on the tourquoise sea. Rooms are very neat, sweet and individually decorated; breakfast is served by a very warm and heartful italian couple which gave the very special family touch to our visit here. We'll definetely come back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at B & B I Limoni with my wife and two friends. We had an even better time than we were hoping for. The B & B was clean, comfortable, and recently updated. The owners and their family were extraordinarily nice and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. They even invited us to their private lunch and made sure we had more delicious food to eat than we could handle. Breakfasts were also yummy and plentiful. My only complaint the entire time was not having as much hot water in the shower as I am used to, but this possibly could have been due to my not knowing how to correctly operate Italian showers.

What people say about the stairs is correct - you better be ready to go up and down a lot of stairs. But that is not just for the B & B. It is true for most of Ravello and other towns around the area. But for those who, like me, don't mind walking stairs, you'll find it extremely charming.

We met other people staying at the B & B who now make regular trips in order to stay at this location. Ever since returning to the US I have been recommending this B & B to all of my friends who are considering travelling to the Amalfi Coast.

-Matt

Room Tip: We stayed in the newly created rooms at the bottom of the property and loved them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Beautiful views and rooms. But difficult to find. We got lost (as others have done). Their website map shows them on the wrong road. When we finally found them we were told that their website is wrong, google maps is right (unhelpful for us - can't they update their website?). We only had hand luggage so didn't have to heft cases up and down the stairs.
In comparison with other, less fabulous locations, breakfast was surprisingly poor. It would have be nice to have fresher pastries, and plates, and for the owner to have checked whether we had coffee. I think the owner was distracted by other guests when we were there. So, overall, a beautiful place but we didn't feel looked after.
Don't dress up to go to Ravello because there are a lot of sweaty stairs! (we're fit but you still get hot).
Good location for a swim in Minori (45 mins down).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B & B I Limoni? Share your experiences!