“Worth every step...” 5 of 5 stars

Via Gradoni 14 | San Cosma, 84010 Ravello, Italy   |
Ranked #16 of 23 Ravello B&B and Inns
“Worth every step...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

...don't be fooled, access to I limoni is not for the fainthearted: 250 uneven steps up (or preferably down) a precipitous Amalfitan hillside from whichever direction you approach. However you'll soon find that every step is worth it: amazing vistas down over Maiori, from a patio platform perched right in the middle of a huge lemon grove. In addition to the lofty picturesque experience for which Ravello is famed, we found the sense of tranquillity and privacy here surprising and invaluable, following the bustle of much of the rest of the riviera. Wonderful warmth from i padroni, helpful orientation and considerable patience for our odd late night and colazione laid for subsequent even later mornings. We plan to return: so don't tell everyone, and try not to arrive, like we did, in the middle of the night. Those steps need light first time around!

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Went there with my girlfriend and we lost ourselves in this beautiful spot in the midth of a lemon garden with a 360 view on the tourquoise sea. Rooms are very neat, sweet and individually decorated; breakfast is served by a very warm and heartful italian couple which gave the very special family touch to our visit here. We'll definetely come back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I stayed at B & B I Limoni with my wife and two friends. We had an even better time than we were hoping for. The B & B was clean, comfortable, and recently updated. The owners and their family were extraordinarily nice and went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay. They even invited us to their private lunch and made sure we had more delicious food to eat than we could handle. Breakfasts were also yummy and plentiful. My only complaint the entire time was not having as much hot water in the shower as I am used to, but this possibly could have been due to my not knowing how to correctly operate Italian showers.

What people say about the stairs is correct - you better be ready to go up and down a lot of stairs. But that is not just for the B & B. It is true for most of Ravello and other towns around the area. But for those who, like me, don't mind walking stairs, you'll find it extremely charming.

We met other people staying at the B & B who now make regular trips in order to stay at this location. Ever since returning to the US I have been recommending this B & B to all of my friends who are considering travelling to the Amalfi Coast.

-Matt

Room Tip: We stayed in the newly created rooms at the bottom of the property and loved them.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Beautiful views and rooms. But difficult to find. We got lost (as others have done). Their website map shows them on the wrong road. When we finally found them we were told that their website is wrong, google maps is right (unhelpful for us - can't they update their website?). We only had hand luggage so didn't have to heft cases up and down the stairs.
In comparison with other, less fabulous locations, breakfast was surprisingly poor. It would have be nice to have fresher pastries, and plates, and for the owner to have checked whether we had coffee. I think the owner was distracted by other guests when we were there. So, overall, a beautiful place but we didn't feel looked after.
Don't dress up to go to Ravello because there are a lot of sweaty stairs! (we're fit but you still get hot).
Good location for a swim in Minori (45 mins down).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed in July 2010. We rented the suite for three nights. Everything eveyone else says is true. If Carlsberg made balconies, this is where it would be, probably.
And yes it is hard to find, our Tom Tom took us to the top of the steps, but it still took me another 20 minutes to convince my wife it would be down them, (There is a small ceramic tile indicator). It's true you need to be fit to get up and down to town every night, but we are in our mid 50's and it is well worth the effort. As a change there is a fantastic walk into Amalfi town you can do by going down from the B&B. Oh, and I think Rosalba is French.
All in all last year was brilliant, so good, we go back in the first week of September this year, for a full 7 nights.

Room Tip: Rent the suite.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed for a couple of nights at the B&B Limoni - a B&B with lovely decor and fabulous views. The postives were overshawdowed by the negatives which mainly centred around too many stairs - hundreds and hundreds of them.

The website suggests the owners will help you with the stairs and your luggage but this was not forthcoming at all and getting up and down the stairs was a real drag. The stairs aren't uniform - some are really high, like two stairs in one. If you have even a carry on sized bag it is a real effort to get up and down these stairs.

Dealing with these stairs alone would be managable but getting around Ravello itself involves climbing lots of stairs so it all just became one big stair climbing mission.

Also, be careful as well - we arrived by SITA bus and got charged 20 Euro by a taxi for the short journey to the B&B (5 minutes max.) - it's pretty hard to find the B&B using the maps on the website so worth researching this before you get there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

This place rocks. We mistakenly went to Giardino dei Limoni B&B which is down the next alley, after reading about this place, but don't be confused! The difference is night and day. The Giardino was depressing and smelly, this place "B&B I Limoni" was delightful, the rooms great, the hosts very nice & generous (with free lemons & the most amazing homemade wine I've ever had), and awesome views. We had a great stay.
Of course, if you are not fit enough to walk up and down 250 steps, then this place is not for you. But we welcomed the exercise and being off the beaten path. If you don't like to walk then stay in town, but don't come here and then give it two stars on trip advisors because you don't like to walk up and down stairs, that's the nature of this place.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B & B I Limoni? Share your experiences!