this is one of the biggest scams you can come across,
after our stay in the chianti region, we wanted to take the kids for a beach experience.
we never visited punta ala before, so didn't know what to expect, but felt secure that this hotel being part of the Relais and chateaux network will secure a minimum quality.
the staff are friendly and they try, but they can only do so much.
the beach is 2km away, (something you would need to dig in their website)
and you have to pay 80 euros per family over the 750euro you pay for a wanna be classy room.
the breakfast is silly and you could do better in a 3 star hotel....
this could go on for pages...
it was better for us to leave a prepaid 4 night vacation than to spend one more night in this silly pretentious place...
what a disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands amidst the picturesque Maremma pine forests on a slope leading down to the sea. From the pool terrace, guests can admire the deep blue of the Tyrrhenian Sea while enjoying a magnificent view of the entire archipelago: Elba, Montecristo and Cerboli islands. Terracotta floors and modern furnishings provide a cool, chic atmosphere, enhanced by prompt, impeccable service. Guests can enjoy beauty pampering and culinary delights, DE-stess in the exclusive Golf Club nearby, relax alongside the pool or on the private sandy beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, Jetsetter, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Relais & Chateaux Cala del Porto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais & Chateaux Cala Del Porto Hotel Punta Ala
- Relais And Chateaux Cala Del Porto