This hotel was recommended by family members having been there several times. Easy to access from Portoferraio, we stayed there for more than a week. Private beach, nice private pool, private roofed parking, tennis courts, diving center close by, nice rooms (at least the ones we had in the vilas in front of the beach and the pool), all the comfort you could hope for from this kind of hotel, but well you know why know you pay such a price. Nice breakfast buffet, friendly staff (speaking Italian always help, but they have quite a good knowledge of English).
A few very minor points though :
- my wife got served a glass of red wine from a bottle which had been opened for far too long (not really the kind of thing you would expect in a 4 star hotel).
- we had to ask several time for replishement of bath gel and shampoo
- while we have no comment on the cleanliness itself, the dayly cleaning of the room seemed to obey a rather strange logic (never seemed to happen when we were mostly out of the room in the morning but at noon between 12.30 and 13.30).
The hotel is rather always full so make sure you reserve at least 6-7 months in advance.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Hotel Del Golfo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Del Golfo Hotel
- Hotel Del Golfo Elba Island/Procchio, Italy