“TERRABLE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Prato
Rumst, Belgie
“TERRABLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Sorry, that I don't wright very good english,

It was verry terrable, there are no words for it, i wood not reccomma,nd this hotel to anybody!
This hotel is really old, really not done for 2013 !
I know it is Italie, but it is really bad.
The only positive thing I can say is that we had clean sheets and towels.
I think that the room waas also clean, but it looks darty because everything is so oldfashion and
it is normal that there are streaks on the walls of the Luggage but everything looks so terrible old and dirty.
On the reception they had said we could stay up to noon but the women for the cleaning stoot at 7 pm at our door and fifteen minutes later again. It wasn't nice. There was also very much noice in the hotel. On boocking.com satys that the rooms are Soundproof, but thats isn't at all!
You can hear everything what people say in the hallway and also the neighbors when they got telefon you hear the bel rings and what they say!
The breakfast was also not very special at all!!!!
I can go on , and on

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

No wonder this hotel is ranked low. It is a charmless hotel outside the old center. Amazing that it has four stars! The senior staffer at the reception desk seemed to have no Interest in the comfort of hotel guests. She assigned a room to me without checking to see if it were cleaned. It wasn't!
When I returned to the front desk, the staff had no apologies. I then had to wait some thirty minutes in the lobby, which had a bar that was closed. Instead of informing me when the room was ready, the senior staffer and two trainees ignored me. I finally asked if the room was ready and was told, oh, yes. That evening I asked for the location of a well-known local restaurant and was told it was closed. I explained that the conference dinner was being held there, but she insisted it was closed. She asked if I wanted a taxi to go there anyway and I said yes. She didn't give me an address and said the taxi driver would know. He didn't! He drove down countless streets in his search, charged me a hefty tab, and I was 30 minutes late to the dinner. Turns out the restaurant was close by and I could have walked there in 5 minutes. I could go on with a number of complaints, including the TV in the room not working at all. I couldn't wait to check out!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rosh Pina, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights since I was at a scientific conference nearby. The hotel is in an excellent location for the old city of Prato and the train station. There is very limited ouside parking available but we were lucky and found a space. However there is no easy way in from the outside parking and we had to schlepp heavy cases over a pot-holed pavement and up a flight of steps. It has a much of the faded glory about it, seems to have seen better days. It is not a 4 star in my opinion nearer 3. The carpets are shabby and much of the decor is old and worn. Nevertheless the room was large and comfortable. The door didn't lock automatically on closing. No kettle in the room. A/C was very weak. There was a bath with shower but no shower curtain, which seems to be an amazing failing and no shaving mirror. The bulb was blown in the b/room but an engineer came (after 20 minutes) to replace it. Free WiFi worked well. The TV had no English channels. There was a very dangerous dip in the floor outside our room (hidden by carpet) which almost caused my wife and a friend to twist their ankles badly and fall. When we pointed this out to reception, we were told that the problem was known, but that nothing could be done, certainly not in the short term!!! Breakfast was good. In the evenings there was table d'hote menu in the restaurant with good value for 3 (tasty) courses (prima, secundi with side order and desert) for 15 Euro. The staff were all very friendly and helpful without exception, definitely the high point of the hotel. Value was good since we got a very good price deal.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms 200-205 (dangerous dip in the floor)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Although it is shown as a 4 star hotel, this one comes straight out of The Shinning by Stephen King- empty, isolated, not-a-soul to be seen. We had a problem right from the start as the garage was said to be full. as we had too much luggage, we were told we could park inside to unload using the elevators, but no one of the staff, who by the way wear no uniform, showed us where the garage was, where the elevators were or how to get to either of them. The Tiles in both our bathrooms were cracked, one of the showers sprinkled water everywhere but the tub. apart from the strange pink walls and the bloody red carpet everywhere, there was a suspicious stain on the carpet coming from the room next to ours, which smelled cigarettes. I wonder how this business can keep their 4 stars and still get their guests to survive.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

This is not a 4 star hotel definitely. I am agreeing with the recent reviews of this hotel. The hotel is more of a 2 star hotel.

I got this at a bargain price but still it does not justify the false information on their star rating that they had advertised on their website or on any promotional websites.

I stayed at the twin room, with two single beds and the size of the bed was too "slim" as the width was too small for me to comfortably turn about on the bed. I believe, bigger sized people would struggle sleeping on the bed.

The room size was quite good but everything as in the furniture is plain old so it is suitable for budget travellers. The toilet looks like it had been renovated maybe about 3 years ago?

The room is poorly lited. So you can't really read unless you turn on the bedside lamp. However, my bedside lamp also did not work. As we checked in with other friends, I have heard that the personal safe in some of the rooms were not working at all.

The bathroom is better lited though.

The heater does not work properly - sometimes it refuses to turn on at all! and this is awful during the cold winter. When I called the front-desk, they said that it will turn on by itself "in 5 minutes", I believe this is the standard answer they give to everybody as I heard the same excuse also given to another guest when I was at the front counter. I think the hotel management turns off the heater at certain parts of the day to save their electricity cost.

However, it did work on some parts of my stay here the odd thing is that the temperature in the room goes very cold when the thermostat is turned up to a high number and goes very hot when the thermostat is turned down to a low number.

The location of the hotel is quite alright nonetheless, as it is located just right opposite a supermarket which enables you to buy your daily necessities within a walking distance.

The lady at the breakfast hall was also very friendly and smiling. I wish her well.

All in all, please think twice before booking this hotel, if you are willing to put up with their nonsense, and got a good bargain, then it should be fine. Also, this is definitely not a 4-star hotel and don't get duped by that!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

My son and I stayed at this hotel for one evening when we travelled from the UK to watch our rugby team play the local side Prato. We chose the hotel because of its convenient central location and because it seemed to offer extremely good value for money. In fact I think we did receive good value but still the hotel was a bit of a disappointment. Essentially it is a characterless sixties tower block . There is precious little in the way of communal services - at least there was no bar open whilst we were there. It seemed like the hotel was given over to coach parties (and there were no parties in residence whilst we were there). So what was good about the hotel? Reception was always manned by helpful and friendly staff;: Our room was huge, clean, en-suite and equipped with free wi-fi and a good TV with English programming: Breakfast was good and plenteous, though taken in a huge room in which we were almost the only occupants. Not bad at all really - providing you are happy staying in a spookily empty large hotel with nothing in the way of social things to do. This latter point is a minor one of course as the restaurants and bars of Prato are no more than a stone's throw away.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
High Wycombe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Trip to Prato for the Quins v Cavalieri rugby match. Staed 4 nights using Prato as a base for visits to Florence, Sienna and Lucca. Great location close to the town centre and with everything within walking distance. Sadly the hotel only warrants a 2* rating. Large clean rooms but badly needing maintenance. Massive gaps between windows and frames letting in cold air. Missing shower screen in our room. No bathroom heating and room heating switched off during the day. Our room generally needed major refurbishment - faded carpet and peeling wallpaper!!. Bar and restaurant now closed to casual hotel guests. Miserable Japanese reception staff. Only friendly person was the lovely Italian lady who served breakfast. The hotel now trades on pre-booked Asian tour groups who use it as a cheap alternative to Florence hotels. They are the only people allowed in the "restaurant" for dinner.
Twenty years ago this would have been a great hotel, but it looks and feels as though nothing has changed since. Only stay here if you're prepared to put up with its shortcomings!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel President? Share your experiences!