“Hole in a cliff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 15 attractions in Praiano
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Dance Club/ Discos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Ritornato alla ribalta nell’estate 2011, dopo un’accurata ristrutturazione l’ Africana Famous Club è il nuovo punto di riferimento della vita mondana in costiera amalfitana. Impianti audio e luci di ultima generazione garantiscono una perfetta diffusione audio e un ottima illuminazione della grotta. La programmazione artistica propone sempre grandi nomi per la musica live, lounge e disco.
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“Hole in a cliff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hidden treasure is a brilliant night out! Literally a cave in a cliff you don't know its there until you're in it. We partied the night away sipping on strawberry daiquiris and shots. A must see when visiting the Amalfi coast. Beware of the weird prepay drink system but that seems to be the way in some touristy places.

Visited August 2012

Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Make sure to check the schedule before going, it is not open everyday and sometimes the whole club is privately rented out.

Visited July 2012
Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“most beautiful club in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

when i think of l`africana in praiano i get goose bumps,it is located in a cave on the most charming place in the world ,the amalfi coast,i just go there in my jounger days.i stiil go there to fill the ocean breeze that comes from the ocean below ( the club is inside a cave ,on a ocean cliff ) i do not care about the service or the drinks ,they dont matter to me ,not at l`africana you go there to listen some soft music look a charming panorama and to breath ocean breeze .stunning ! breathless !
if you are in the area dont miss it .i do not recomend to bier drinker or those who go to club wearing shorts and t,shirt .wear some nice !

Visited August 2012
Venice, Florida
“My second visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My friend and I went on a Wednesday night, no one was there. I guess Italians dont party on Wednesday. But wait, I'm Italian and I was ready for a good time hmmmmm We had a fun time anyway/ Roberto the general manager took good care of us and we had great conversations with him. The music had me dancing in my seat. I visited Africana 12 years ago and loved it then, the remodeling has made it look more up to date. I wish we could have stayed in the area longer, we would have definitely gone back.

Visited September 2012
“cantankerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

The venue is stunning, however I would not recommened going if you don't speak Italian. Upon leaving we were escorted up the lift by a member of staff. Once we made it to the top we were greeted by 2 more staff, one being a 'heavy'. We we came to realise they were accusing us of not paying for our round of drinks. Not only did we pay, we gave a generous tip, which obviously I wish we could have taken back. I speak a little italian so I was trying to assist my partner in solving the matter, however I was completely ignored , I assume because I'm a women. If it was not for some lovely locals assisting us I don't know what would happened. I felt incredibly unsafe & intimidated. I feel they were trying to make a quick buck out of us because we were tourists. I also found it interesting when we were in the bar the staff could speak English, but not when they wanted more money out of us. It was a terrible shame & ruined an other wise lovely evening. I will not go back to southern Italy due to this experience.