“Awesome Hideaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in Praiano
Sullivan, Missouri
“Awesome Hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We recently had an excellent trip to Italy. One of the highlights was our stay at Hotel Holiday. The folks at the front desk were very helpful and treated us like family. The breakfast buffet was perfect. I don't know how they have fruit so perfectly fresh. The view was amazing. Everything was clean. The terrace was such a great area for us to relax on at the end of a great day of touring. Loved it. Would stay here every time!!!!!
Marianna was especially terrific!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

155 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3-day stay at Hotel Holiday! It was quiet and relaxing with a balcony view of the beautiful cliffs and coastline. The customer service was excellent! The staff was always helpful, friendly and responsive! Definitely a great place to stay while in Praiano.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony view, and, if you like a full size bath with a tub, then be sure to req...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Apple Valley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I just returned from a 10 day stay on the Amalfi coast and this was by far my favorite hotel. The balcony overlooking the sea alone was worth the price of the hotel. It was the perfect place to sip wine with friends and take in the stunning view. The hotel is off the beaten path with no hordes of tourists in sight. The evenings were pure tranquility gazing out at the stars and sea. The hotel staff was also very friendly and helpful. I loved my stay and long to go back. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone interested in escaping from the crazy hustle and bustle of the tourist centers on the Amalfi coast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We just had a wonderful 7 night stay at the Holiday Hotel. The views are spectacular with a view of the sea/coast toward Amalfi, and the boats and ships cruising by. The location is very quiet and the balcony is perfect. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with advise on sites to see and making arrangements for restaurants offering free shuttles, excursions, and a cab back to the Naples airport. The location of Praiano was perfectly situated for exploring the Amalfi coast via both the regional SITA bus (bus stop is a 10 min walk) and using the local bus (stops at the hotel) to Positano. We used the free wifi, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet each day. There is a local grocery store at the corner where we picked up antipasti fixings and wine for a couple of dinners in our room. We would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have the same view. We had the "superior" room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My fiancé booked this surprise holiday for my 50th birthday and it was fabulous! The hotel staff were warm and welcoming. Our room was clean, beautifully appointed and had a breath taking view of the sea from the balcony. We asked if it would be possible for some late lunch and within 30 minutes, Concheta brought us bread, hams, cheeses and red wine on the dining room terrace... Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - we had forgotten beach towels and Marianna lent us two of her own. A bottle of prosecco and two glasses were left in our room on the first evening with a card saying 'Happy Birthday' - just lovely! We will be returning and I would definitely recommend the hotel to any one - go there and enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had three nights at Hotel Holiday. It is quite a walk into Praiano town and there are limited options for meals around the hotel. Although I can say that Restaurant M'ama was very nice (and you can use the swimming pool) ! The bus to the beach and Positano stop right outside the hotel - this is very convenient !! We did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room as we did not feel that it was satisfactory. There was a tiny vent in the wall that only blew air onto the desk and chair, and not the bed. The gentleman who worked at the desk was very unhelpful with sorting this out, but did lend us a fan. Marianne is a lovely lady who really goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable and is more than happy to help with anything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, MA USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a really bad experience here. I booked, months in advance, and 5 days before we arrive I amended the res, reducing it by 1 night. We're on a 2 month trip, things change and I had cancellation protection and I was changing within the hotels 72 hr policy, so I figured everything was fine. We arrive and upon check-in, almost the first thing, Marianna says she's upset we changed the reservation and she'll be keeping the deposit we paid online and not counting it towards what we will ultimately pay. What?! I didn't do anything wrong because I notified you of the change within the allowable time frame so why am I being penalized? But even leaving that aside, is the way to welcome your guests to your hotel by making them feel like you're doing them a favor by letting them stay? I played by the rules and she tried to take us for a ride. My husband got really upset at her and so we paid one night and immediately left. She tried to get us to stay once we had paid the one night, but we refused. You can't treat your customers like garbage and then expect them to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Holiday? Share your experiences!