“A little piece of heaven.....” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Holiday
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Umberto I,105, 84010 Praiano, Italy   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Praiano
London, United Kingdom
“A little piece of heaven.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My fiancé booked this surprise holiday for my 50th birthday and it was fabulous! The hotel staff were warm and welcoming. Our room was clean, beautifully appointed and had a breath taking view of the sea from the balcony. We asked if it would be possible for some late lunch and within 30 minutes, Concheta brought us bread, hams, cheeses and red wine on the dining room terrace... Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - we had forgotten beach towels and Marianna lent us two of her own. A bottle of prosecco and two glasses were left in our room on the first evening with a card saying 'Happy Birthday' - just lovely! We will be returning and I would definitely recommend the hotel to any one - go there and enjoy!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had three nights at Hotel Holiday. It is quite a walk into Praiano town and there are limited options for meals around the hotel. Although I can say that Restaurant M'ama was very nice (and you can use the swimming pool) ! The bus to the beach and Positano stop right outside the hotel - this is very convenient !! We did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room as we did not feel that it was satisfactory. There was a tiny vent in the wall that only blew air onto the desk and chair, and not the bed. The gentleman who worked at the desk was very unhelpful with sorting this out, but did lend us a fan. Marianne is a lovely lady who really goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable and is more than happy to help with anything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, MA USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a really bad experience here. I booked, months in advance, and 5 days before we arrive I amended the res, reducing it by 1 night. We're on a 2 month trip, things change and I had cancellation protection and I was changing within the hotels 72 hr policy, so I figured everything was fine. We arrive and upon check-in, almost the first thing, Marianna says she's upset we changed the reservation and she'll be keeping the deposit we paid online and not counting it towards what we will ultimately pay. What?! I didn't do anything wrong because I notified you of the change within the allowable time frame so why am I being penalized? But even leaving that aside, is the way to welcome your guests to your hotel by making them feel like you're doing them a favor by letting them stay? I played by the rules and she tried to take us for a ride. My husband got really upset at her and so we paid one night and immediately left. She tried to get us to stay once we had paid the one night, but we refused. You can't treat your customers like garbage and then expect them to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 5 nights in mid July and loved the hotel, the town, and helpful staff.
The rooms were clean and with great views. The breakfast was good too. We loved the town best of all, as it was not too touristy, more a holiday location for Italians. All the noise and bustle seems to happen in Positano or Amalfi. If you want a holiday location with great scenery, and amazing walk of the gods to Positano, then this place would be hard to beat.

Room Tip: I think all rooms have good views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We were 2 couples - vacation Amalfi Coast . We booked in Praiano. Holiday Hotel , best choice !!!!! Transportation just out side the hotel to Amalfi and Positano & Pizzieria few meters from hotel . Rooms and dinning room fantastic and very clean . the staff were helpful & very friendly . Hotel Holiday is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.!!!!! I would definitely return. Thank you for completing our vacation.

• Stayed June 2013
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have just returned from Amalfi Coast. Stayed in Amalfi, Agerola and Praiano. Best accomodation was Holiday Hotel, fantastic view from the dining room, friendly staff, very peaceful ! Highly recommend the Pizzeria Rosticeria Jolly, about 150 m distance, especially the sea food pizza, and half the prices comparing to Amalfi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The location of the hotel was a little out of town (about a 10/15 minute walk) but this was by no means a bad thing as we were able to remove ourselves from the hussle and bustle of italian life at the end of each day and relax fully on our amazing sea view balcony. The staff at Hotel Holiday were very friendly, welcoming and accomodating, giving the place a homely feeling which really added to the brilliance of our holiday. We chose to hire a car as we found it cheaper to do this than pay for transfers to and from the airport, as well as giving us the freedom to venture off to attractions such as Pompeii and Herculaneum (the hotel also offers these trips but there is a cost attached). Please be aware that if you do hire a car you will be expected to leave your key at reception so the staff can move it if needed. If you were not looking to hire a car you are still able to see much of the local area by using the public buses which come frequently (even on a Sunday), and travel to towns such as Positano, Amalfi, Rivello and Sorento.

The continental breakfast was of a good standard with lots of variety and the overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good. Our room was cleaned everyday.

I can definitely recommend Hotel Holiday (and Praiano) as a place to stay if you are looking to escape from the world and unwind but at the same time experience some real italian living. We hope to visit again in the next couple of years. Thank you Hotel Holiday!

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view so I dont think you will be disappointed with any room you are given.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Holiday? Share your experiences!