“Great end to our vacay” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Partiamo dalla cucina perche crediamo che la qualita delle nostre pietanze sia il fondamentale elemento del nostro ristorante. Il nostro scopo diventa di farvele gustare a casa nostra nel ristorante conosciuto come IL RITROVO.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great end to our vacay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had a great time at this place. Wonderful food and wine. Really enjoyed everything. Unfortunately we were so full it didn't allow us to get dessert.

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Illinois
“Atop Positano--great food in a small town village”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Can't beat the food as others have noted. The point of difference for us was the small town location. We had kids playing in the streets, a dog barking, and a great feel to a small town in the hills not built only for tourists. The service was generous and helpful. A very romantic, cozy place.

Visited July 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have been going to Il Ritrovo every time I am in Positano and they never disappoint me. Try the Zuppa Saracena really good.

A must if you are in Positano:)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, atmosphere and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My bf and I decided to go to Il Rittovo on our last night. We were in Nocelle and we had a shuttle service picking us up on time for our reservation. When you enter the restaurant you immediately feel the nice atmosphere, a combination of terrace view, friendly personnel and beautiful decor. Opening the menu I found a great surprise: Picanha! The Brazilian meat cut was on the menu and as a good Brazilian expatriate I was in heaven! I found out later that the chef loves Brazil and that some of the personnel, super attentive and friendly, were also from my country. I felt at home, and so did my italian bf. We had the degustation menu, the meat one due to an allergy of shrimps. Everything was great, the fresh pasta was delicious and the mixed grill, which included a piece of Picanha, was super nice, and it came together with some grilled vegetables. The portions were very satisfactory. Then my favourite part came: dolce! When the waiter brought us that huge special dessert menu, I knew I was in the right restaurant. They have so many options it was difficult to choose. My boyfriend had a chocolate mousse and I had the panna cota with forest fruit. The marmalade on top of the panna cota tasted as homemade, delicious! In the end we got a pasta mix souvenir. Great evening!

London, United Kingdom
“Consistently delicious, comfortable atmosphere and amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I felt like an old friend from the first time I stepped into Il Ritrovo. Now after several meals being looked after by Chef Salvatore and his brother Paolo, I hope I've earned the title. :)

My first visit was in May for lunch and I was immediately impressed. We sat on the lovely terrace with a sea view. Decorated in muted ocean tones, the atmosphere is relaxing and rustic with a sophisticated edge. Paolo greeted me with a glass of refreshing prosecco - does anything taste better on a hot Italian day? For a starter I had the beautiful grilled octopus while my companion chose the sautéed local shrimp. Both were examples of the quality of the local seafood complimented by simple preparations to highlight the flavors. Paolo also brought me a little bruschetta and a couple of zucchini flowers after hearing they were my favorite. For a main course, I chose the sautéed mussels and clams. Again, absolutely delicious.

On my most recent visits in July 2014, I've stuck with the local fish "acqua pazza," cooked with cherry tomatoes and potatoes. Knowing I was bit of a creature of habit, Paolo suggested I try the special pasta to start, served with mushrooms he had gathered that day. What can I say about that pasta except that I have dreams about it now. I was so focused on enjoying it, I forgot to take a picture! I can only hope there are mushrooms in season when I return to Positano. :)

Il Ritrovo is consistently delicious and absolutely worth a visit (or several) on your trip to the Amalfi Coast. Grazie mille, Chef Salvatore and Paolo!

• Visited May 2014