“Lovely hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 41 hotels in Positano
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really lovely hotel. Best view I have ever had from a hotel. Amazing breakfast (nothing hot) over looking the sea and the town of positano.

My one complaint is the pool wasn't working and I booked the hotel because of this therefore I would suggest if you are thinking of doing the same, call and check! To be fair it was only just getting warm but I would have still swam - if the pool had water in it (it didn't when we stayed for 5 days).

Lovely breakfast food (didn't have dinner) but did have room service on our first night as we were shattered and that was good!

Great range of TV channels if you fancy it and 10 euros for a film too if you want a chilled out evening in.

Great helpful service from the lady on reception and walking distance to everywhere. 30 second walk up the hill to the bus stop which goes to Sorrento and Amalfi.

Would recommend to anyone who wants a chilled out stay with a brilliant large room, sea view, jacuzzi bath and good service. BUT as I said, check about the pool first!

• Stayed April 2013

697 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

There are not enough stars to rate this hotel! This place is wonderful in every way, starting with its location, the rooms, the lobby, the breakfast terrace (and the breakfast itself- OMG!!!) and the unbelievably friendly staff. During our stay, we had a feeling of a magic, a dream come true... The room was perfect and the view from our little balcony was fabulous. This was an ideal place for celebrating our 15th anniversary. I would definitely come back and recommend our friends to visit this wonderful hotel in Positano

• Stayed April 2013
merritt island Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I love this place! Our first time in Positano and we couldn't have picked a better hotel. The location is perfect, just on the outskirts of the main area and a short walk to shopping, restaurants and bars. When you walk into the lobby, you will be amazed by the views. Absolutely incredible. The hotel is decorated mainly in white, so the views are the primary focus. There is a lovely terrace for dining and admiring the views of the sea and town. The suite was good size with a balcony. Perfect for dining or relaxing. The view from the bed is even great- right into the sea with the islands in the background, so romantic. Turn down service, robes, slippers, well equipped bathroom are all amenities I love to have when traveling. All of the staff here were extremely friendly, courteous, and welcoming. I felt very much at home. The breakfast was very good. We even dined here one evening and it was also very good. I was particularly impressed with Antonella. On the morning of our departure, I needed a doctor. Antonella went above and beyond to help me with only a few hours before my husband and I had to catch our train north... My only only criticism is the bed. It was very uncomfortable and I lost much sleep. Also, you can hear people in other rooms walking around early in the morning. This is the reason I give 4 and not 5 stars. Luckily, all the other aspects of this hotel overcome that that downfall. I will definitely return! Thank you Hotel Marincanto.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What a jewel of a hotel!! Don't be put off by the initial arrival view of the hotel at the top or the very eccentric lift, because from the moment you step out of it you are in paradise. First the staff: every single one of them are friendly and can't do enough for you to make your stay special. But this doesn't feel at all forced - it is all personal service, done with obvious pleasure at making you feel good. Then the breakfast, in the amazing dining room and lemon terrace (lemon trees heavy with fruit) overlooking the best view ever. The breakfast itself has everything a reasonable person would want and more: the little pastries (ricotta filled crisp shells with orange for example), cold meats, eggs, cereals, fruit, cakes, ..........The food, wine on the terrace, coffees, is very good and if you order a coffee it comes with little biscuits and cakes, drinks with savouries, late night limoncello often with a slice of cake! Our room was wonderful, with an outrageously beautiful view through the double doors onto our terrace and out over the sea. Lying in bed for a few minutes in the morning, with the windows open, seeing this view from their was a great start to the day. If you have a problem, everyone does their level best to solve it. We are returning next year. Wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is great. I'm a little late in posting a review, but I found reviews so helpful before traveling to Italy, and had such a great experience that I decided to post a review. Went to Positano and stayed in a suite at the Marincanto May 2012. If you are going to the Amalfi coast- staying or going to Positano is a must!
Highlights: Suite is spacious, nicely decorated with a mediterranean feel. The jacuzzi in the bathroom and view of the ocean from it is amazing. Balcony is very spacious. The VIEW from the balcony is worth every penny. The view of the ocean, the coast, and of the houses, is just breathe taking. Also, the infinity pool is great. You are walking distance from the shops and restaurants. Also you are walking distance to the beach - where you can get a water taxi - for day trips to Amalfi, Capri ...ect.... Steps, Steps, steps and more steps! There's like 200 steps to go down to the ocean and everywhere you walk there are steps. Streets are very narrow. Hotel offers buffet breakfast as part of your room rate, its simple and limited, but not bad. Coffee is good, its hard not to get good coffee in Italy.
The service is great. The staff was extremely helpful and sweet and helped my fiance execute a great proposal. My fiance worked with the staff to set up a special dinner by the ocean, however due to weather conditions, they instead set up our room with roses, candles champagne, strawberries and wine. It seemed like the whole staff was in on it! Many thanks to the great staff.
We stayed at Marinancto two nights, and I regret it - we should have stayed there all 5 nights!!!! We visisted Positano, Amalfi, Minori, Miori and Ravello ----- by far Positano is the best and most beautiful. I look forward to being able to go back to Marincanto one day!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Positano is one of the most beautiful and romantic places on this earth. To walk out on the terrace each morning with the picture perfect view of the sea is unbelievable. The staff was superior –we were welcomed each morning with “Buongiorno” by sweet Rita bringing our coffee. In the afternoon we enjoyed wine and olives by the pool. We came home every night to a tighty room and a whimsical towel animal sculpture. It is the little things that make memories.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I were married at the Hotel Marincanto in September and it was absolutely perfect! The hotel was recommended to us by our wedding planner as both a venue and as a place to stay during our time in Positano. Not only is the Marincanto beautiful, but the staff is excellent, friendly, and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. From setting up for our ceremony, sending my dress to be steamed the morning of our wedding, and calming me down during the downpour just hours before the ceremony, they made our day so special. We were upgraded to a beautiful jr. suite with a jacuzzi and balcony overlooking the terrace below, both with beautiful sea views. Breakfast each day was quite a spread, with everything from pastries and fresh fruit to meats and cheeses, with various coffees, teas, and fruit juices. We did not eat dinner at the Marincanto, but did enjoy some of the beautiful piano music from our balcony the first night of our stay.
I would highly recommend staying at the Marincanto during a visit to Positano. The location is great, the staff is excellent, and the hotel is beautiful. Our wedding there will always be a cherished memory and we are planning on returning to celebrate our 5-year anniversary in 2017, if we can wait that long!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Marincanto? Share your experiences!