My husband and I stayed here 3 nights in the end of June. It is a great location since you are a little away from the crowds. We got a room on the 2nd floor with a small balcony and amazing view of Positano! The balcony was a little small. If your neighbor was out on theirs you could have a conversation with them. But they have a large terrace on the first floor that makes up for the size.
The service is great! Everyone that we spoke to was very nice, friendly and helpful. The breakfast changed daily and had a nice variety. You could pay extra if you want a larger American breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon). We never tried it since their selection was enough. The bonus was that the bar is open non stop so you could get wine or espresso anytime if the day. We enjoyed a house bottle of wine for only 12 euro and sat on the terrace and enjoyed the view before we went to dinner.
There are 2 things that they could improve on, thus the 4 rating and not a 5.
1) wifi is SLOW!! You couldn't send iMessages or any form of texting. It was annoying since our friends were staying at a different hotel. It took an hour to post anything on Facebook or Instagram.
2) the hair dryer is horrific. It did nothing for my hair. It looked like a vacuum tube contraption.
Overall, I would stay here again just because the price is right. All of Positano is very expensive. I did enjoy my time here but now I know to bring a blow dryer and expect the wifi to be slow.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel - Albergo California Positano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Albergo California Positano
- Hotel California Positano