“A wonderful stay, great people and great comfort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Maresca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Positano
Casa Maresca
Save Saved
You added Casa Maresca to your Saves list
Via Lepanto N. 17/21, 84017 Positano, Italy   |
Ranked #14 of 41 hotels in Positano
dublin, Ireland
“A wonderful stay, great people and great comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

We stayed with Paul & Lucia for a week in June 2010 and it was a fantastic experience, one of our best ever. First Casa Maresca....amazing value, very clean room and huge terrace with splendid views of the sea. The real reason to stay is the kindness and knowledge of both Paul & Lucia, lovely people, generous and will help you enjoy your stay on Positano as best they can. A pleasure to find this little gem in such an expensive town, and due to Paul & Lucio we will definitely returning for a second stay in Casa Maresca....miss the lemon tree, flowers & oranges already.
Kind Regards Dave and Jo, Ireland.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brisbane, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

We got off at the second stop in Positano instead of the first and telephoned Lucia who gave us as details of getting the local village bus. It started to rain quite heavily a few minutes later so Paul jumped in his car to come and fetch us but he missed us by less than a minute. He returned to the Villa and, complete with umbrellas, flagged down the bus to stop outside their door.

It was around 1:30pm and to save us going out in the rain for lunch, we received a 'picnic basket' complete with Paul's "house red" - much appreciated.

Friendly chats each morning offering advice etc as we had breakfast on their marvellous terrace overlooking part of the village and the sea. Then in the evening I looked forward to our conversations about Italy, Positano and any other topic that took our fancy.

The location of the villa was a 15 min walk from the village centre, the airconditioned rooms very pleasant and comfortable for two but I admit to a preference for a softer mattress.

We needed to catch the 7:10am SITA bus to Sorrento to make Eurostar connections to Venice and Paul was at the door at 6:40am ready to drive us and luggage to the more distant bus stop so that we would get a seat before it filled up with Positano people going to school and work - very thoughtful.

An excellent holiday villa and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

Hosts Paul Kelly and his wife Lucia made our stay in Positano really memorable.
All units have great views from the large open patio. It's quiet, spotlessly clean, equipped with cooking facilites and there is a grocery store and several good restaurants close by.
The Villa is easy to get to using public transport.
Paul and Lucia are both wonderfully helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

Top spot , excellant value and fantastic hosts, what more can I say. Paul and Lucia were the best hosts in this perfectly situated and quiet spot. Would stay again no problem at all.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Casa Maresca is a great place to stay when in Positano! Lucia and Paul the owners are very friendly and helpful all my tourist questions were answered. I felt like I was at home, very comfortable and clean. The view is spectacular and relaxing with a large terrace. I will definitely stay there again if I every go back to Positano. Also there are a few restaurants which are amaziing that are in the same vicinity and less expensive than going down to the beach front restaurants. One in particular that I ate at a lot was Ristorante Saraceno D'Oro a family run business which also made me feel welcomed and at home.
At the end of my stay Paul and Lucia gave me a lift to the Sita bus which is so nice and very unexpected and I greatly appreciated that with all my luggage.
All in all I had a great experience!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

WeI booked our stay at Casa Maresca based on reviews on TripAdvisor and Frommer's Guide to the Amalfi Coast. We were not disappointed!

From the outset, owner Paul Clark was the soul of helpfulness and courteous professionalism - giving us invaluable advice on everything from booking and interpreting our rail ticket from Rome - Naples to arranging a private limo pickup from Napoli Centrali station to Positano (highly recommended!) Once we arrived, we were delighted with the spacious room, its rustic charm fantastically augmented by the huge balcony with stunning sea view and very handy fridge, which we (like other fellow travellers) soon stocked with wine, cheese, proscuitto, olives, milk etc from the friendly deli just a few metres up the road.

We loved Positano, but it's true to say that a major part of its charm for us was the incomparable hospitality of our hosts, Paul and Lucia. We were made to feel more like family friends than guests, and no question or request was too much trouble for this wonderful couple. We felt instantly at home and, armed with their advice and suggestions, sallied forth to enjoy this truly magic destination. Yes, it IS extremely romantic and was the highlight of our trip!!!!!

All the reviews are true. Forget sterile 5 star locations and find yourself a romantic home away from home at the priceless Casa Maresca. It is sheer magic. We can't wait to return, and bring our family with us!

Paul and Lucia - grazie tante per tutto! I nostri distinti saluti a Signore Chang! :-)

Sharon & Don, Perth, Australia

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
san francisco, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

Look no further. Casa Maresca is everything you're hoping for when dreaming of your incredibly romantic, yet comfortable-like-home stay in beautiful Positano. It's simple, elegant website is an honest representation of the rooms and terrace views (which are spectacular) But what it doesn't show you is the charm and gracious hospitality of Paul and Lucia the owners/proprietors of Casa Maresca. They were just tremendous.

The rooms were absolutely spotless. I say rooms, because I was enjoying my stay in Positano so much that I postponed my trip to Florence so that I could stay another week. Paul and Lucia made every effort to accommodate me for my whole stay. Each of the rooms I stayed in were beautifully and comfortably furnished like home. No tacky polyester bedspreads or fiberboard tables to be found. The sheets were soft, the beds firm, and all furniture real wood. The rooms are actually even bigger than the website shows. And then on the 2 days they were all booked and couldn't accommodate me, Luchia made a phone call to another small guesthouse and arranged to have me stay there.

In a nutshell, I will never stay anywhere else in Positano. As long as Paul and Luchia continue to open their doors to visitors, I will be one of them.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Maresca? Share your experiences!