I will preface the review to say that we stayed here actually a few years ago - but to make sure that even I remember that we stayed here I wanted to jot some notes down.
1. Be prepared to hike up a LOT of steps. I know this goes without saying in most of Positano, but my husband, even though very fit, was having a fit walking about 200 steps back and forth to/from the beach.
2. Rooms are OK. We were not expecting very updated surroundings and extrememly clean spaces, so we were not surprised. Bed could have been more comfortable, but from the website pictures it looks like they were replaced.
3. Pool area was lovely - I really liked sitting at a table enjoying the scenery with a book and a drink.
4. The staff was very friendly - bartenders were great and we did not experience the negative attitude some people are writing about. However, this was a while ago so maybe things have changed.
One of the days we went down to the beach and rented one of the rubber boats - and took it to Capri for the day. Don't know if that is still allowed or recommended given the choppy water you need to cross (and I wouldn't do it with kids), but it was a blast.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Villa Franca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franca Hotel Positano