“Loving it here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in Positano
Positano, Italy
“Loving it here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

When we arrived we were made to feel so welcome. We only have another day or so before leaving for Sicily but we've been here a week and it's been bliss.

Whe. We first checked in and were told we would be in a separate building to the main hotel, I'll admit, we were a little disappointed.... BUT, being in the residence is brilliant. The rims are quiet, they're spacious and super clean. We can't fault our room or view. We look out over to the town and the sea. I'd recommend room 70.

I suppose if there was one thing that could be better it would be the comfort of the bed, it's a little hard. But I really am being super picky.

The pool on the roof, the bar, the staff, the front of house guys, the restaurant, the buffet breakfast is honestly all fantastic.

We ate in the restaurant the first night and since he. The front of house team have helped us book other local places.

Just lovely. And the best views over the town.

Room Tip: Room 70 for us, it's in the separate building, but it's lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
villafranca, Responsabile reception at Hotel Villa Franca, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your fantastic review. I was extremely pleased to see that you had a lovely stay and I have shared all your comments with all the team.
As regarding the comfortable of the bed, for safety reason the hotel must use only fireproof bed, and the Simons brand, is one of the most comfortable one.
We hope we can welcome you back soon.
Floriana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed in Hotel Villa Franca for 5 nights by myself in June 2014. Location is fabulous - far enough away from the noise and hustle and bustle of the village, but not too far away! A 10 minute walk down several hundred stairs to the village below, a bit longer if you take the road. The Hotel is situated on the main road which made it much easier for transfer/taxi pick up/drop off with luggage. I did not use the shuttle service, but it is offered. The pool deck on the roof top is outstanding. Incredible, uninterrupted views of Positano and the Mediterranean, nice refreshing pool, comfortable sun beds and friendly bar staff and service. The room itself was spacious and very clean, and serviced usually twice daily. I was in room 36 which was on first floor, with partial sea view and a view up the mountains of old Positano, however much of the view out the window was of the roof of the next door building which was being painted while I was there, so there were random men 10m away with a perfect view straight through my window into my room which was awkward and affected my privacy. I could not work out the air conditioning but this did not worry me. Breakfast was great with a huge buffet, plenty of choice, calm atmosphere and attentive waitstaff. WiFi was a bit of a problem - it was a bit of a hassle to log in initially, and I had difficulty throughout my stay with my connection dropping out and being generally unreliable. Dinner in Li Galli was brilliant - pricey, small portions but delicious with a stunning outlook over the moonlit sea. Reception/concierge staff were generally helpful although at times a bit cold. Check in/out was straight forward. The concierge had organised a private transfer back to Naples for €120 (quite expensive, but for convenience I trusted their recommendation) which arrived 20 minutes late, and left me unfortunately quite stressed at the end of an otherwise lovely 5 days. Overall, a great stay with some negative points, but I would choose to stay here again. Thanks!

Stayed June 2014
villafranca, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Villa Franca, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and the location.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at Villa Franca for 6 nights. Hotel is located right at the top of Positano, with a lovely rooftop pool area. Beautiful Hotel with the most stunning views especially from room 43!
Staff were lovely and helpful. Breakfast was good with again lovely views. There is a shuttle bus free of charge service in the morning and evening that takes you to the main part of Positano if you don't want the walk. Beds are comfortable and rooms and bathrooms spacious. Downside was the wifi, which isn't great, and noise levels, with of course the tiled floors, doors banging etc. but this is typical with a lot of Hotels in Italy. Also the people next door to us were very noisy very late at night which didn't help.
But apart from that, our stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Room 43 for the views both from the bedroom and bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts of the Villa Franca Hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Great hotel nestled atop the hill with breathtaking views over Positano! Staff were very nice and accommodating. We stayed on a half board basis and dinner was excellent at the restaurant. A lot of non hotel guest choose to dine there also which is always a good reflection. Overall a great experience and would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2014
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I am so disappointed with our stay at the hotel villa Franca. I came on my honeymoon.. We had bed bugs in iur bed. They moved us to a downgraded room and still required we pay the full price. The customer service is horrible and bed had hair in it. The only thing nice is the view which many other Positano hotels have. I wish I never came here and wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed June 2014
villafranca, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Villa Franca, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear guests,
We are really disappointed in reading your review, mostly regarding the assistance offered by our staff.
Unfortunately as often happens in sea side location there are mosquitos (not bed bugs as you claimed) and even thou hoteliers can't do much to avoid their presence, our night receptionist, cleaned up your room top to toe in the middle of the night, but your were still not satisfied, therefor he offered the only room left available.
Next day your departure happened long after check-out time as you returned the room after breakfast and again after a beauty treatment in our SPA.
We wonder, if the hotel is dirty and disgusting as you claimed, would not leave it as soon as possible?
At Villa Franca we strive to make ALL our guests as happier as possible, but is unfair to receive deceiving comments.
Ballinamallard, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a week's holiday in the beautiful Villa Franca. On the first night we celebrated our anniversary with a bottle of Prosecco (compliments of the house) and organised by the ever helpful and smiling Alessia, at reception. We had reserved a table at the hotel's LE GALLI restaurant which has wonderful views of Positano and the ocean beyond.
We did not know what a treat we were about to experience. The gracious staff served the most delicious food prepared by head chef Vincenzo Esposito and his team. That night, we were entertained with an amazing fireworks display (part of a religious festival). Because of some spectacular thunder and lightning the following evening, we decided to dine again in the hotel at LE GALLI. Once more, we dined in style, enjoying a most delicious dinner watching the chefs prepare it on a large flat-screen TV which hangs on the only dining room wall which doesn't have the spectacular view.
For variety, we also dined at La Sponda and Covo de Saraceni which are also to be recommended. However, for the best food in Positano, choose Le GALLI.
By the way, you can enjoy much of the menu at the poolside bar on the roof of the hotel. This spot probably commands the best view over Positano!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
villafranca, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Villa Franca, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Ms. Wendy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant.
The whole team and I were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our restaurant "The Best in Town".
Particulary the chef and I thank you for your nice words.
We look forward to your next visit.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My wife and I spent four nights here in early June 2014, and the hotel is beautiful. Get room #43! Yes it is high on hill and shuttle is so-so, but spend day below going to Amalfi or Capri using the charter boats (not the ferry, charter boats more expensive, but worth it!) and then work your way back up hill stopping for wine, dinner and in boutiques for your wife to spend Euros. Then settle back in this most beautiful hotel having more wine while overlooking this beautiful town with lights glowing from below and the sounds of music and laughter softly floating from below. .

The service was terrific, the waiters and staff in the breakfast buffet were always going out of their way to help...wonderful, wonderful and so amazingly romantic.

Dr. David S. Ainsworth

Room Tip: get room #43 facing Positano below and with bathroom window facing sea...great balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
villafranca, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Villa Franca, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.
I am glad to see that you had a great time whilst in Positano and the comforts of the hotel and staff made it a more enjoyable holiday.
We look all look forward to welcoming you back.
Alessia Orrico

Been to Hotel Villa Franca? Share your experiences!