“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 41 hotels in Positano
Bradley Beach, New Jersey
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

we stayed at hotel Poseidon two nights at the beginning of September. when we arrived we were faced with the question on how to get our bags to the hotel room. the porter charged us 8 dollars per bag to get the hotel. we recommend taking the road to the hotel rather than the stairs as the stairs is quite a workout and the road was a nice walk (however difficult if you have suitcases).

the food was very good at the restaurant. they had a nice little bar overlooking positano for a night cap that a bunch of the hotel guests hung out. if your lucky you get to talk to the owner about the hotels rich history. We were on our honeymoon and they gave us a free bottle of proseco from the bar which was very nice.

there is a bus stop right in front of the hotel that is for the local positano bus. there is a small market right in front of the hotel to buy wine for the room and some food / drinks.

the staff coordinated our dinners both nights as the restaurants we were staying at picked us up and took us above the city for dinner.

the guest relations manager was very nice and gave us great advice throughout our stay. he was very present and was always standing around during breakfast.

the rooms had fantastic views of positano and we would stay there again,

Room Tip: ask for a view that overlooks positano. the lower rooms are closer to the street which can be a bit...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest!

Greetings from Positano!
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments.
My name is Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager,
here at Poseidon. Great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us.

We hope to welcome you soon again. If you have any request or question, please contact me at: prmanager@hotelposeidonpositano.it You can follow us on fb "Hotel Poseidon".
We have a lot of news and surprises for this year. Our opening will be the next 16th of April.

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team!

A presto!

Sonia Ferrera

Guest Relations Manager

440 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Verona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Positano on our honeymoon in August 2013. Hotel is pretty with great views of the town and ocean. Our room (#8) with terrace overlooked the town and ocean.

After night one we woke up with ants all over our suitcases and in our clothing that we did not unpack yet. Also on the couch dresser top and walls. We called the desk and they promptly sent house keeping to spray the couch and area the suitcases were sitting. The guest relations manager never contacted me like the front desk said. I had to find him myself and see if they were going to do anything to solve this problem. He stated that since they have a lot of greenery many ants are in the area and they will clean to room "extra." Basically blowing me off.

We stayed 5 nights. On our second to last day we come back to the room to find more ants on the dresser (where we unpacked to), walls, couch and floor. Upset now I again call the front desk again and ask to speak with a manager. Since he will not be in till later I specifically ask that he see us as soon as he gets in. He never contacts us and I finally see him and he repeats his ants and greenery speech. After not giving up he offers me a room (now 5pm) downgrade for our last night. No view, smaller room. At this point I decline to move all my stuff to only leave the next morning.

The only reason I give this a poor and not terrible is because the pool staff was very friendly and the pool/ view is nice. Breakfast was plentiful although service is non existent. Front desk was helpful recommending dinner and daily activities.

I suggest that for 350 euro a night you stay at one of the other hotels closer to town with a better relations manager. I saw a few posts about the ignorance of this staff member. I guess its not an uncommon experience.

If you have no issues I am sure you would post how amazing the hotel is. Their are many beautiful hotels in Positano and when we return we will not be staying at the Poseidon.

Room Tip: Room 8 ant infested
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for dedicating us some of your time for writing this review.
I would like to start my reply from your room tip comment and respond that the room you stayed in was not "ant infested" neither any other room of Hotel Poseidon, however, August is known to be very hot and humid which explains the presence of ants outdoors among the greenery, ants that are usually attracted to some smells or any open food items (which wasn’t necessarily your case), and as you kindly mentioned the Hotel staff promptly took care of the problem once signaled to us so I am surprised that at the same time you said no action was taken?!
Since I am the guest relations manager in question once the reception staff informed me about the problem I personally contacted the cleaning staff to take care of the problem and I remember speaking to you during breakfast that same morning and I told you that there were no other rooms available since the hotel was fully booked that week but we'd try to do all we possibly can if anything changes particularly if the ants problem re-occurs.
The only reason I did not contact you immediately that morning was because I was among guests during the breakfast hours but still I contacted the cleaning lady and was approached by you before I did since you were also there to have breakfast.
The problem re-occured on your last day of your stay and when I was informed I called you to your room and offered to move you to another room since we had a cancellation that same morning (we spoke in the morning and not at 5p.m.), now to my surprise you say: "he offers me a room (now 5pm) downgrade for our last night. No view, smaller room", how did you know how the room looked like if you did not even accept to have a look at it and you refused the offer... I followed that by offering you a complimentary dinner on our panoramic terrace but you refused mentioning that you had other plans for that evening. Now does this sound like the action of a hotel staff that doesn't care?! Please indicate me one other review that proves your following sentence: "I saw a few posts about the ignorance of this staff member". Ignorance is an offensive word and we're baffled to read such unjustified attack. We as a staff try not to take things personally since we are all here to offer high quality service and address our guests needs first hand but again we can't make everybody happy,
I have extended your kind remarks to the pool and frontdesk staff and they thank you for it.
Congratulations again on your marriage.
Best regards
Samer
Guest Relations
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had the most amazing experience at the Poseidon, and it made Positano our favourite place from our 6 week European trip!
The staff were so friendly and helpful, especially the guy by the pool who could not do enough for us!
The buffet breakfast was great with lots of choice and the restaurant (where we went for my birthday dinner) had delicious authentic italian cuisine! We went on the wood fire pizza night and they were delicious.
Our room was incredible with a private balcony and was cleaned twice a day by staff.
The pool was also a highlight!!
We will definitely be back to Positano and would not stay anywhere but the Poseidon!!
Thank you!!

Room Tip: Room 29 with the private balcony was superb!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear wonderful couple!

Greetings from Positano!

Thank you for your beautiful comment. I will pass all to the team.
Great to hear that you enjoyed you stay with us.

My name is Sonia Ferrera, Guest Relations Manager,
here at Poseidon.

You can follow us on fb "Hotel Poseidon".
We have a lot of news for this year. Our opening will be the next 16th of April.

Best Regards from all the Poseidon Team!

A presto!

Sonia Ferrera

Guest Relations Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Poseidon. Everyone was beyond helpful. The front desk staff was kind enough to suggest restaurants throughout the city and call and make reservations. The complimentary breakfast was great. I had a spectacular view of Positano from my room. The massive balcony connected to my room was so pleasant one day I fell asleep on the balcony. I also enjoyed the pool area because unlike the beach it was not crowded. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a view of Positano on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hotel P, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Poseidon, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest! Greetings from Positano!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights on our honeymoon. A bottle of proseco awaited us. The room was better than we imagined, with a gorgeous balcony overlooking the town below. The general manager greeted us every morning, asking about our plans for the day and providing recommendations - all of which were fantastic. We loved our stay there and will definitely head back to celebrate our anniversary some day.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Wendy! Greetings from Positano!
Hopewell Junction, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The hotel is fine. The pool was small. The food was average. Did not seem very authentic. The staff was great. Recommend taking a ferry to Capri for one day. Also Il Capitano is a great restaurant nearby

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Absolutely beautiful hotel..set up in the hills with the most stunning views. Hotel staff second to none, especially Samer who catered for our every need, booked restaurants, organised a boat trip and much more. Plenty of choice of restaurants nearby, beach although rather a hike, 350 steps down to the sea - coming back up not for the light hearted. We had a fantastic week and I would thoroughly recommend it ps not ideal for families with pushchairs!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest! Greetings from Positano!
Best regards from all the members of our team ;)

Been to Hotel Poseidon? Share your experiences!