“You wont beat this!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Cosenza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Positano
Casa Cosenza
You added Casa Cosenza to your Saves list
Via Trara Genoino 18, 84017 Positano, Italy   |
Ranked #25 of 47 Positano B&B and Inns
Australia
“You wont beat this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I really dont want to share our find in Positano as I feel I want to keep Josephine and her wonderful b&b all to myself.......BUT........if you want a truely wonderful experience...with a little bit of love.....then stay here! We had Room 7 and stayed a week....with a huge terrace overlooking the church and beach....and just loved every moment. Josephine is such a gem. If you want to hit the beach...then make sure you take the boat (driven by the very cute Adriano).....to Arienzo Beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Hoboken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had room number 7 (with the balcony) and could have spent the entire trip just sitting on that balcony and reading. Beautiful location, nice room, pleasant staff. It's a hike up or down to get to anything, so be sure to bring comfortable shoes and prepare to get a work-out. Check out is 10am, but Josephine let us stow our luggage in the inn so that we could spend our last day on the beach. If you want to avoid paying 10 Euro to have breakfast in your room, consider getting a croissant and coffee at La Zugara-- a lot of take-out options there and only a 7 - 10 minute walk from the hotel. You can rent a beach towel and umbrella from the hotel for a few Euro each. Don't stress about not being able to find this place; once we got off the SITA bus into Positano, it seemed like everyone knew where Casa Cosenza is located, and they were perfectly happy to direct us there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

This is our second year staying at Casa Cosenza and we have come to know Josephine very well. She is very accommodating and gracious to my family. The place is kept very clean and the view it fabulous. We had a very large terrace overlooking the sea, positano, priano and could practically touch the fireworks. Josephine and family are part of the glorious history of Positano and their establishment says it all. If you want a part of Italian history, culture and a great place to stay....Casa Cosenza is the place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I spent the May bank holiday weekend at Casa Cosenza with 3 friends and it was everything that we had hoped for – perfectly located a short walk from the beach, stunning views of Positano from the rooms (both with balconies) and Josephine and Aly, who looked after us during our stay, couldn’t have been friendlier. The 110 euros that we paid per night was very good value relative to the pricey hotels dotted all around us. Breakfast is optional at an additional 10 euros each and is served on your balcony. We would all definitely return to Casa Cosenza.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

I stayed in a “single” room at Casa Cosenza (with two twin beds). The view from the room is beautiful. The room is also very clean, and coming from someone with very acute allergies to mold and dust, that means a lot. Salvatore Cosenza was extremely nice and welcoming. The female family members are awfully unpleasant, as other reviewers have mentioned. However, if you’re looking for a very basic room with a great view at a low price, I wouldn’t let something like that keep you from staying here. There are a lot of steps, so if you decide to stay here, make sure you pack light. It is otherwise in a great location, only a short hike from the beach. The shower takes up the whole bathroom and is a bit awkward. Personally, if I was to return I would pay the extra 10 or so euros to stay in a no-view room at Hotel Bougainville instead, for the inclusion of breakfast, nicer bathrooms, darker shades, larger beds (even in the “single” rooms) and superior service. I suppose it all depends on your priorities.

Also, though you may find seemingly better values in other Amalfi coast towns, Positano is incontrovertibly the most upscale and picturesque and has the best shopping and nightlife (Music on the Rocks). In my opinion, the slightly higher prices are more than worth putting up with for a far superior location. In fact, I think Positano might be the most beautiful town in Italy (far surpassing all five towns of the Cinque Terre in my opinion). Just don't leave without hiking the Sentiero degli Dei.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

That deck that we had to ourselves, overlooking the ocean, overlooking the town sqauare, overlooking all the steps and streets winding about the town, looking out across at all the twinkling lights of trattorias and balconies across the way at night - that deck, as big as a room, tiled and canopied, on which we breathed the first morning air with the light sparkling blindingly off the calm ocean dotted by boats of all shapes and sizes, where we sipped wine and stayed up too late in the warm darkness of quiet evening - that deck where we talked and ate fresh sliced olives salamis on calabrese bread, where I wrote of our adventures in the afternoons, and where I sometimes spied on my gorgeous husband as he ran down to the shops for supplies or walked the beach while he waited for me to finish up - that deck to which we retired lazily after a sumptuous breakfast under vines on the even larger deck below us, waited on by generous hosts who smiling poured us steaming cappucinos and encouraged us warmly with our lacking Italian - that deck that we booked with the room online never thinking it could possibly be as perfect as it looked - - that deck where we watched kids play an impromptu game of soccer as the sun set and where we had a birdseye view of a Sunday night musical community concert - that deck is worth it, that deck is Positano. You need to be on that deck.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Holliston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

We only stayed one night here but I wish we could have stayed more. I can only describe Positano as magical, and it was spread out before us as we sat on our balcony. There was music drifting across the valley and so many beautiful buildings to see as well as the beach and ocean! The room was spotless and comfortable and our hosts were helpful and friendly.
The only drawback is the stairs... we hired a porter to bring our bags up to the street level upon leaving and this was not a problem for us. We found this in several of our stops in Italy. Once home, I found I could climb stairs much more easily than before I left!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Cosenza? Share your experiences!