“Ask for Poppy! He is Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 42 Activities in Positano
Oslo, Norway
3 attraction reviews
“Ask for Poppy! He is Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Poppy picked my parents and I up from the train station in Naples and drove us to our hotel in Sorrento. He was very upbeat and accommodating with our luggage right from the beginning. He then escorted us to his S-class Mercedes "Poppy's Car", and gave us a very detailed overview of Pompeii on the way. He also stopped the car many times for photo opportunities along the drive, even stopping traffic sometimes! We had a driving tour of the Amalfi Coast the next day with Positano Car Service, and were so impressed we wrote to them requesting Poppy for the drive. Within an hour, the company confirmed that Poppy would be our driver for the entire next day! We had an amazing experience on the road tour through the Amalfi Coast the next day, and Poppy did not fail to impress us with his facts and insights on the land and reccommendations on shops and restaurants along the way. He also recommended a fantastic restaurant in Rovello called "Cumpa Cosimo", which was one of the best Italian meals I have ever experienced. I could write a book about the many great experiences my parents and I had with Poppy along the tour, and know that the memories of the places he took us will last forever. We have kept in touch with Poppy even after our tour, and I have recommended him already to my boss who is now in Positano. Please ask for Poppy when you book with Positano and you will not be dissappointed!

Visited July 2013

Kensington, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
“Ask For Luigi. You Will not be Disappointed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We left it up to our hotel in Positano (Hotel Miramare, see my review on that gem too) to schedule a day trip to the Amalfi Coast for us. They booked my husband and I with Positano Car Service and I am so happy that they did. The day started with our driver Luigi picking us up in an S Class impeccably clean Mercedes. We immediately took a liking to Luigi who was charming, funny and friendly. He is one of their newer drivers, but you would never know that as he was filled with great information about the coast, Amalfi and Ravello. He was fluent in English which for us was a plus as our Italian is not that great, and he easily understood what we were interested in seeing. He stopped the car for photo opts whenever we asked and even took us to a ceramics factory, cameo store for coral ( which was my request) and an Enoteca in Ravello where we are able to taste several different wines with the owner. It was an incredibly hot day and Luigi insisted on carrying my purchases back to the car and although we insisted he take off his coat and tie because of the extreme heat, he wouldn't hear of it. Luigi was an excellent skilled professional driver and my husband and I both agreed this was the most relaxed excursion we had on our entire 18 day Italian vacation. Thank you Luigi we hope to see you again!

Visited June 2013
O Fallon, IL
“Marcello Maresca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Marcello picked my wife and I up at the airport in Rome and drove us to Positano and then drove us back to the Naples train station a few days later. He even arranged for a guide to tour the ruins of Pompeii on our way to Positano. He has terrific local knowledge and we truly enjoyed his insight into the area during our drive. I would definitely use him again!! Thanks Marcello!

Visited May 2013
Glencoe, Illinois
“Once again, the best driver, the best car service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is my first review because I feel overly compelled to write about my experiences with Positano Car Service. This was our 2nd trip to the Amalfi coast and each time we used Positano Car Service. The S Class Mercedes are immaculate and the office makes it easy to schedule service from anywhere in Italy. Giuseppe Ferrara is always our requested driver – he is the best driver we have ever had, anywhere in Europe. He is professional, courteous, knowledgeable, delightful, and an excellent driver. Giuseppe is fluent in English and always has so many suggestions for touring, sight seeing, eating and shopping. He arranged a special guide for a visit to Pompeii who was fabulous. He also suggested the most charming places to eat for lunch and dinner - gorgeous views, wonderful food, gracious hosts, and in spectacular settings. Giuseppe grew up in Positano and he is very well informed about the history, agriculture, people, customs, language, and culture of Italy, and he shares his vast knowledge throughout our days of touring the Amalfi Coast. He also arranged for us to stop for a visit at the American Cemetery and Memorial at Anzio (site of Allied forces landing during World War II) and also to see Monte Cassino on our ride back to Rome. Again, Giuseppe told us the history and significance of these sites during the Second World War. Positano Car Service is most reliable car service and Giuseppe Ferrara is the most informative and fabulous tour guide and driver!!!!!

Visited May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“WOW! What a great experience! Franco is the BEST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I recently went on a multi stop vacation to various destinations in Italy. One of our stops was Positano and we needed a transfer from the train station in Naples to our hotel in Positano and back. I initially set up a transfer through my travel company but decided to make a switch when they would not make a stop along the route to visit an attraction.
I contacted the Hotel Marincanto and they arranged the transfers for me with Positano Car Service. Our train arrived from Venice on time and Franco was there waiting for us in the terminal. He loaded the van with our luggage and we headed towards Positano. Along the way he did a great job of commenting about points of interest and made sure that we enjoyed the drive. When it was time to leave we again requested Franco and he picked us up on time and gave us a FANTASTIC tour on the way back to Naples. I really can't say enough good things about him. He was very knowledgable, very polite, and very personable. He was a perfect guide/driver for us and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He made our vacation special. Thanks Franco!

Visited June 2013