“Amazing in every way!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 41 Hotels in Positano
New York City, New York
“Amazing in every way!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

The absolute gem of Positano with the perfect location. Right by the pier for quick excursions to nearby towns. All restaurants and shops are a few steps away. Beautiful rooms with Italian designer toiletries by Etro. Our room had a magnificent terrace overlooking the beach. Rooms are spotless. The 5th floor pool is gorgeous. A true 5 Star hotel.

Room Tip: most rooms have water views, splurge on a large terrace on high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was the last stop on a two week vacation in Italy, and it was the perfect way to end our vacation! We were able to relax, sit by the pool, or on our balcony and enjoy a drink while taking in the amazing view! The hotel staff was fantastic and the rooms were very clean and well kept. The staff was particularly helpful in arranging a last minute transfer from the Salerno train station to the hotel (Which I would highly advise everyone coming in from Naples or Salerno use)! The hotel is in a perfect location and Positano is a great town, away from the usual tourist stops. If you are thinking of visiting the Amalfi cost, Covo Dei Saraceni is the hotel for you!

Room Tip: Get a balcony suite, they are worth the extra money!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time at this hotel in four years. Pros: best location in town, great pool and poolside restaurant, next to the dock for quick excursions to Capri and other towns on the coast, gelato cafe on site, and most rooms have excellent views. I think the service was better this time around as all of the staff were very friendly. Loved the bartender in the main bar. He was great with our kids every time we saw him. Con: we did have an issue with our room billing despite a confirmation email.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

In real estate the saying goes "Location, Location, Location" well this hotel truly is in the best location of Positano. One of the few hotels right on the beach, one of the few hotels with it's own pool, and one of the few hotels conveniently located next to the pier, shopping, groceries, duomo and everything else you could possible want or need. Even better is not having to hike up to your hotel after a day of relaxing or after a heavy dinner.

Enough about the location however, the staff at this hotel are simply amazing, beyond your usual friendliness the staff at the Saraceni go well out of the way to accommodate or help out their guests. No request is too much, in fact they'll even suggest doing things for you well beyond the extra mile expected.

And of course there's the pool which is simply amazing and provides you a view of the sea and the beach and the city all from the comfort of your own lounge chair. You don't even need to fight for a place on the rocky beach. All the comfort and luxury without any of the hassle. Also make sure you explore the Jacuzzi infinity pool at the far end of the terrace. It's a great spot to relax and have a drink.

Lastly the rooms are well appointed and large i'm told for Positano standards, we had room 19 with it's own Terrace that qualifies as a balcony. That was a nice little surprise. The AC works well and is not overwhelming as can be the case in some hotels. considering this hotel was originally built in the 1800's I was impressed with the condition and state of the hotel. The green tile while a little scary at first is in keeping with the Mediterranean theme so who am I to judge. At least they stock it with Etro amenities, Always a sign of a fantastic hotel.

All in all, splurge a few extra Euro for the best location in Positano. This hotel should really be ranked in the top 3 in my opinion. But again that's just my 2 cents.

Room Tip: Room 19 likely has the largest balcony in it's class. Also faces the beach and the city. Downsid...
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Let me start by saying that I have stayed in Positano 5 times over the past 6 years and I had always wanted to stay at Covo dei Saraceni once I saw it! I have stayed at the two high end hotels in the area and loved them both, but THIS hotel is a real gem - it is the ONLY hotel at the beach that has a pool and not just one pool, but 2 regular pools and some smaller private ones - and if you are in Positano in the summer, trust me, you will want a pool to cool off in. The setting is absolutely exquisite and the staff could not have been any friendlier or more professional and welcoming! It was worth the wait to finally get a reservation here on my most recent trip a few weeks ago. We went with 2 other couples to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday and stayed for 8 days and the staff could not have been any kinder about making it a special trip for us - from the thoughtful maids who never bothered us, but did their jobs quietly, thoroughly and inconspicuously, to the great bartenders and pool and front desk staff - everyone was great! The staff were all friendly, kind, genuine, relaxed and so professional! And all the other guests we met at the hotel seemed to be also enjoying a wonderful stay and top notch service. What I noticed was that many of the other guests we met by the pool were VERY well-traveled and I think that this is one of those hotels that is for the discerning traveler who is "in the know" and seeks out special places. One of the things that I was most impressed with was how quiet the rooms were - we never heard even a peep from another room (something which seldom happens at hotels!) - and our friends were in the room next to ours and they are not quiet people and we didn't hear them at all! Despite being by the main beach, it was so quiet - I think it is really well soundproofed and situated. The beautiful sliding doors to the nice sized balconies seem to have a double layer of glass. One of the great treats was to wake up, open the blinds and the door to our private balcony and hear the water lapping at the shore and see the town coming alive - and at night to stand on the same balcony and see the moonlight reflected on the sea, the stars above, and the perfect view of the beach, vertical town, and the sea, and to also hear the water lapping at the shore - it was heavenly. The position of the hotel right at the beach means you walk just steps to some of the best restaurants and shops and it means that if you go out and have to walk up this vertical town to get somewhere, at the end of the night, your walk home is always an easy walk down hill, not up hill, as it is to all the other hotels. The restaurants in the hotel were gorgeous and had excellent food and stunning views and the breakfast was abundant with choices (we loved that there was even a "breakfast dessert table" at breakfast!) and breakfast was included in our reasonable nightly rate. Also included were the towels, etc. for the pool so no extra charges to use the pool (as some hotels have) and the staff were good about making sure people had seats and umbrellas (if desired) at the pool. The hotel has the same gorgeous flowers and vines growing inside as the most expensive hotels in the area do, so it is the same kind of magical and rich feel but without being at all stuffy, snobby., over overly expensive. The bed was very comfortable, room size was fine and the shower we had was amazing - it was one of those wonderful rain shower heads with excellent pressure. The lovely tiles and beautiful bedding, etc. were all great additions to a wonderful and comfortable stay. I almost cried and hid when it was time to go...I am already planning my return trip for my 50th birthday in a few years! If you are going to this area and need recs for a wonderful boat tour, day trips to Ravello or any restaurant recommendations, please feel free to send me a message - I love this area and think Covo dei Saraceni is the perfect spot to make your home base as you explore the Amalfi Coast - or just stay and relax in Positano! In response to people wondering why it isn't listed higher, I think this is a quiet, "in the know" place and sadly, most people just get the same one or two places recommended to them by their travel agents. I had never heard of this hotel but saw it from above and wondered what it was since it looked so gorgeous - my husband and I walked over and went in and picked up a pamphlet and the people at the desk were very nice to us - ever since then, we had tried to book it, but it was always too full when we went. This place is a really well kept secret - but I am not sure for how long...get in while you can! A true gem! Grazie mille to Gino and Emanuela at the front desk and all of the staff for making our trip perfect - it was above and beyond our greatest hopes!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view, but I think they all have views!
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on our honeymoon. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. They made dinner reservations for us and helped us navigate our way through Positano. The location of the hotel is wonderful as your'e a close walk to everything. The views are also incredible. The pool area, while on the smaller side has breathtaking views. The breakfast in the morning is also AMAZING, Nutella donuts anyone? Our room was gorgeous, spacious and clean. The bathroom was huge and modern. My only complaint would be that our bathroom was against the next rooms bathroom so through the exhaust you could hear the other people if they were talking in their bathroom. I expected a little more privacy from a hotel of this caliber but again the pros absolutely out way that one con! Would definitely recommend it and would absolutely return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from Italy and as part of the trip stayed 5 nights at "The Covo". We both found it to be truly wonderful and I just cannot believe there are 20 better hotels in Positano !!
The position is fabulous, the views amazing, the food great but above all the staff are fantastico !!
They have exactly the right blend of professional service mixed with a genuine friendly attitude, where nothing is too much trouble.
We have stayed in many supposedly "first class"hotels that just don't measure up to the "Covo" experience. We will definately be back. Thanks to everyone there for an exceptional time.

Room Tip: We had a "Classic" room on the second floor which had amazing beach and sea views and was...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Covo Dei Saraceni? Share your experiences!