“Romantic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Positano
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
“Romantic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Le Sirenuse Hotel is in the heart of the city and couldn't be more peaceful. This was our second stay and as it was the first Perfection. The public rooms are magnificent and the bedrooms are sheer luxury. A must do is dine in La Sponda Reasaurant in the hotel. I have never seen anything like it. Hundreds of candles to dine under. It is a must do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I knew I was picking a luxury hotel for our stay in Positano but what I didn't know is just how fabulous our stay would be. Truly a magnificent Hotel with so much charm and luxury.
I first must say a few words about the hotel staff, They are amazing. The Charming Giuseppe greeting us every morning at breakfast with his smiling face and knowing exactly when to ask my husband "Ready for another cappuccino Mr. Phillips?" all the hotel staff were excellent. I was celebrating my 50th birthday and they were very kind sending champagne and cake to our room. actually everyday there would be a delightful treat left in our room - Chocolate dipped strawberry's...
On the night of my birthday we dined at La Sponda Restaurant in the hotel. Wow! from the moment you walk in the room with all the lit candles to the waiters in white jackets. really beautiful evening. we had the tasting menu paired with the wines. Really a fabulous dinner.

We took full advantage of all the complimentary boat rides. Going swimming in the ocean was amazing. also did the complementary boat ride to Nerrano Bay for Lunch. this was an amazing day - truly! We had lunch at La Conca Del Sogno. one of the best meals we had in Italy and you cant get a more picturesque setting. you can only get to the restaurant by boat.

I must also mention the hotel room amenities. They have there own line of soaps, shampoo, conditioner and perfumes. The signature scent is sublime. I am so hooked that now I am ordering some from NYC and having it shipped to Los Angeles. If ever a time to take the soap and body products from a hotel - this would be it!!!!! lol.

Positano is my favorite town in the Amalfi Coast and Le Sirenuse makes it just that more special of a place. It is truly a fabulous experience to stay there. I close my eyes and I am sitting at the champagne and oyster bar sipping on prosecco enjoying some oysters. I take a deep breath and i am there smelling the ocean air, the lemon trees. oh and those views!
I can not wait to return!
Grazie Tanti !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

When you step off the busy streets of Positano into Le Sirenuse, its like entering a peaceful sanctuary. Calm, quiet, and soothing… It is the atmosphere of a family home. You feel comfortable and welcome immediately.

Upon my arrival at Le Sirenuse I was greeted by Giovanni Ciccone, the Operations Manager of the hotel. Mr. Ciccone took me on an extensive tour of the hotel. The Le Sirenuse is the premier five star luxury hotel in Positano, with fifty-eight rooms, suites, and junior suites. And I was able to see many of the unique rooms.

Almost all the rooms have a terrace or balcony overlooking the Bay of Positano. The rooms are contemporary with all the features you would expect in a modern luxury hotel. Yet the hotel contains beautiful antique furniture, handmade Vietri floor tiles, and soaring vaulted ceilings. The bathrooms are sophisticatedly simple, using marble Jacuzzi bathrooms with separate showers and baths and ignature Eau d’Italia body care products.

Le Sirenuse is open seasonally, generally from late March or Early April, until late October each year. When I was visiting the hotel, it was sold out for the next thee weeks, so this is a hotel to book well in advance. There are about 58 rooms in the hotel - this number seems to change every year as they combine rooms and thus, the number of rooms decreases. Every room I visited was immaculate, with details and signature features you would expect in a 5-star hotel.

Attention to detail is impressive - even in the elevator, the "day of the week" was printed on the floor mat... It would be easy to lose track of time in these impressive surroundings. Le Sirenuse has an incredible pool, an Aveda beauty center and spa, and a romantic Champagne Bar. You can dine at the La Sponda restaurant, with gorgeous sea-views.... and hundreds of lit candle - what a romantic dining destination! Also, enjoy a complimentary ride in the hotel’s wooden boat and experience the breathtaking Amalfi coastline from the water.

The breakfast buffet was incredible and service was over-the-top. Or time there was a pleasure, with polite, reserved, yet very attentive service. If you want to stay at an oasis in the center of Positano, choose Le Sirenuse!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Le Sirenuse is a gorgeous property with picture postcard views, oodles of charm, great food and outstanding service. My husband and I stayed in a deluxe sea view room for two nights. The excellent service began before we arrived, with prompt email replies from the hotel and a smooth pickup at the airport by car service arranged through the hotel. The amazing service continued after we left the hotel to stay at the San Pietro, on the outskirts of Positano. I realized at 10 p.m. that evening that I had forgotten an expensive white nightgown in the bed and worried that it had gotten washed with the sheets. Not only had the cleaning staff found it and given it in to reception, but I had a lovely chat with a very kind woman at reception - I wish I knew her name. She assured me she had it and would hand deliver it to me within half an hour. And she did! With a smile. And she would not accept a tip for her trouble. Le Sirenuse is a very special place that is worthy of every accolade it gets. We can't wait to return and if you ever get the chance, you should go!

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are spectacular.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel was beautiful. The staff was amazing. Breakfast buffet was incredible. Amazing views and location. Unfortunately, it got noisy and management was slow to rectify the situation. I would give them another chance hoping that the rowdy guests were a one off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We just returned to Le Sirenuse after a 3 year absence, and were a bit worried that our glowing memories would be dashed by the reality of a second visit. We had nothing to worry about, in that the hotel continues to set the standard for every 5-star in the world. We have stayed at The Palace Lucerne, The Waldorf-Astoria in NYC, the Grand Wailea in Maui, etc., and NOTHING comes close to this hotel. I know you are undoubtedly wondering if this hotel is worth it, and the answer is an unequivocal YES. Breakfast alone (made to order plus buffet with champagne, etc.) would be worth $75 per person daily, if that makes you feel any better...but you are mainly paying for the view, the proximity, and service that anticipates your needs before you think of them. We cannot afford it...but we will be back....repeatedly...as this is a guilty pleasure not to be missed.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a Deluxe sea view room on the 4th or 5th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ended our month long tour of Italy in Positano and stayed at La Serunese instead of San Pietro which has always been our standard. What a great move. Wonderful staff, great rooms, great service and the location can't be beat. We will always return to Positano because of the beauty but it will always be struggle to choose between two amazing hotels. Ciao!

Room Tip: Pay to be upgraded and get a view of the sea
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Sirenuse Hotel? Share your experiences!