“Romantic and beautiful hotel with wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

Le Sirenuse Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via C. Colombo, 30, 84017 Positano, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in Positano
Melbourne
“Romantic and beautiful hotel with wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had been looking forward to this hotel as have heard such great things about it from many people. In most ways it was truly excellent, including the personal welcome from all staff, the beautiful decor and furnishings, the position close to the beach and shops, the lovely breakfast overlooking the bay of Positano, the wonderful gym and spa area, the range of activities on offer for guests and so much more.
To begin with we were accommodated in a very small room which barely fitted our suitcases and had a limited sea view when we had asked for a sea view room. It was too small to spend any time in the room. We were moved to a bigger room for our last two nights with a wonderful view. When you book make sure to check the room dimensions and what kind of sea view you will have.
The swimming pool was a little small and being swimmers we like to do some laps. This was tricky as people tend to stand in the pool. Anyway take the chance to go and swim in the sea. It is truly refreshing and beautiful there.
The free yoga class offered was not great and consisted of the instructor saying one word for each pose - eg. dog, fish etc. It was hard to see her so if new to yoga would be pretty pointless.
The massage I had was outstanding and the steam room and various saunas were excellent. The cold plunge pool should be icy cold if possible.
Breakfast was great. As some others have commented the restaurant and teas/coffees etc are very expensive. The restaurant is very good - try the degustation and enjoy the lovely musicians. And then go out and experience some of the local restaurants.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and we met some lovely people.

Room Tip: Ask for a FULL sea view and check the dimensions of the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Have always wanted to stay in this hotel and finally managed it this year.
We were upgraded to a junior suite because of my 'Leading Hotels of the World' membership. The suite was on top floor with wonderful sea views from the balcony. We also had a bottle of chilled Prosecco waiting in our room as well as a bottle LImoncello.
When we arrived by boat from Capri we were met at the dock by Le Sirenuse staff who arranged for our luggage to be taken to the hotel.We then walked with a staff member through the town for the short walk to the hotel. From the very start to when we checked out we greeted by name everywhere we went.This included bars and restaurant.
The hotel has 2 main restaurants.The fancier restaurant, La Sponda, was very elegant , the food was delicious and the service top notch.
The other Champagne restaurant served smaller sharing plates along with a good varity of champagnes. It was fun and also had a high level of service and food quality.
During our stay we also asked the hotel to arrange a tour with a car and driver to Amalfi,Ravello and Sorrento.This was done with a minimum of fuss,the car was a new Mercedes and the driver had a deep knowledge of the area.
In summary : everything was perfection.

Room Tip: Book a room above standard in size,also with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Trumbull, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my second trip to Le Sirenuse and, God Willing, I will go back again and again. The Hotel is immaculate and the staff impeccably well trained. Because it is a small hotel the staff quickly gets to know you, greets you by name, and leans your preferences. The fact that the family is on site insures that you are treated like one of their family. It is an amazing experience both from a physical location and from a service point of view. It is set right in the heart of Positano so walking to the beach, excellent restaurants and shopping is easy and convenient. Anything you need is promptly supplied by the staff and the staff is knowledgeable about dining options, excursions and transportation and can arrange anything you need. On this trip Alitalia lost my luggage and the staff was relentless in following up. My guess is that without their persistence my luggage would never have arrived. I can't thank them enough for that. I too recommend a sea view room, the views are spectacular. I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Sea view room is the way to go.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here for the 3rd stop on our honeymoon for three nights. From the start, this hotel was nothing but magical. We were greeted by name upon arrival, and taken to our lovely room overlooking the water. I highly suggest getting an sea view room- preferably one with a balcony. Although our room wasn't terribly large, its was comfortable and beautiful. We loved the bathroom and all the fabulous products, as well as the complementary prosecco and fruit and nuts.

Our first night we took advantage of the complimentary evening boat cruise- which was fabulous. We had a lovely tour with wine and cheese and other snacks. Breakfast was also incredible. Lounging by the pool was also a tranquil delight.

I would not jump to recommend the restaurant or bar to guests of the hotel- we felt they were overpriced and just not really worth it- we would enjoy these views at breakfast, at the pool, or from our room!

I also had an amazing massage during our stay here. The spa was very top notch and not to be missed!

I can't imagine a better way to spend your honeymoon then this romantic hotel in Positano- while it was right in the town itself, you did not feel crowded or overwhelmed while there- almost like staying in your own little heaven in Positano.

Room Tip: Request a deluxe sea view with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What can I say except this hotel lived up to all my expectations and more.
This was our second trip to Positano, but our first to Le Sirenuse.
When we arrived I was very sea/car sick after a 2 hour trip from Procida, and the lady at the front desk must have taken pity on me because we were upgraded to a Junior Suite.
From start to finish, the service was exemplary, the room was stunning, and the food faultless.
Other reviewers may criticise the views or the service, but having spent quite a lot of time in southern Italy and also the Amalfi Coast, these guys are streets ahead of everyone else.
We ate dinner in the restaurant once which was lovely, and the breakfasts were wonderful. I am coeliac, and the gluten free food provided was SO good.
Yes, it is expensive, but we have no regrets about spending the money, it was a very special experience.
We spent a day lying by the pool, and even though it was April, the weather was warm enough and the pool was heated - luxury!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have wanted to stay in this hotel for a while and it was worth the wait. The hotel is very unique and charming. It has a wonderful, breathtaking view of Positano. I am seriously in love with this place. The almost bird's eye vista view is one of those views that you can just sit and enjoy for hours.

Our room was lovely. It was spacious, clean, comfortable and also had a wonderful view from our cozy balcony. And I loved the delicious bath products they give you. They are heavenly, and they provide you with large bottles as well for you to take home and enjoy. It is their own scent, which transports me back to Le Sirenuse when I smell it. I am almost out now ... so I better go back:)

Take advantage of the boat they own. We went on a tour for a couple hours and loved it. We dove from it and swam in the warm sea. It was great.

The food, both breakfast and dinner, was excellent. Many choices and all of them very good. And the staff throughout the entire hotel was also excellent. Very helpful, friendly and genuine. What more could you ask for?!

This is one of those hotels that is hard to top. It was definitely the highlight of our trip to Italy.

Room Tip: Room 33 had a lovely view and was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I hate to give a poor review to a hotel when it seems to be getting so many great reviews but our stay was not the best. Paid extra for the full seaview room and yet the room only had a seaview barely if you stood up on the balcony. I did not realize the hotel had rooms in a building not facing front of the sea but goes sideways facing the Church and Palazzo Murat.
The room was very big and very clean with beautiful furniture but still not the view we expected.
I also cannot understand in a hotel with such high standards you cannot always find a chair by the pool. What are you suppose to do then?
To top it all off to me which was embarrassing was the lack of toilet paper. After room was cleaned there was less then half a roll left. I called twice for a request and nobody showed up so had to go to the public restroom to obtain a roll. Stayed in many hotels all over the world and never had this happen before-LOL.
I will admit it is a beautiful hotel with beautiful views but I cannot justify the cost after we stayed in a few others in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Sirenuse Hotel? Share your experiences!