“Cooking Vacations Positano - Owner, Lauren Birmingham” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 42 Activities in Positano
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: National Geographic hails Cooking Vacations, the leaders in culinary tours, hands-on cooking classes, food market visits & cultural adventures in Italy. At Cooking Vacations we bring you the best hands-on cooking classes & cultural tours in Italy’s 20 Regions. You will learn to cook traditional Italian recipes with excellent Chefs, local expert cooks, Nonnas, pastry artisans and bread & pizza makers. Our Italian culinary holidays are original, authentic, and include market visits, vineyard tours & cultural landmarks. We are Italian and share our love for cooking in our culinary vacations with you. Through Tuscany’s vineyards to truffle hunting in Bologna, making pesto in Cinque Terre to pizza-making in Sorrento, peeling lemons for limoncello making in Positano to rolling cannoli in the shadow of Mount Etna, Sicily, we welcome you to our Italy. We welcome you to our Kitchen in sunny Italy.
New York City, New York
“Cooking Vacations Positano - Owner, Lauren Birmingham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Lauren and team were just great in helping me coordinate a trip to Rome & Positano to celebrate my niece's college graduation. It's not just cooking!! I booked a private tour in Rome of Vatican City; with english/Italian speaking guide, who was on time to meet us , very informative & friendly. Also, I booked all my transfers, through Lauren even a pick -up in Naples to Positano(r/t airport to hotel in Rome and from Naples to Positano r/t) . All drivers were on time waiting for me with a large sign with my name. The condition of the cars were excellent and made for an enjoyable ride after a long flight. Drivers were well informed and knew the best routes and very friendly. Lauren was able to get us an adorable room at Montmare; a B & B in Positano ; with great views.......we participated in a 3 hour cooking class in Rome which was fun (making homemade pastas) and quite delicious. I would recommend Lauren to friends & family and hope to go back again. Of course, I will arrange tours through Lauren!!

Bakersfield, California
“Cooking Vacation in Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wow! That is the best word to describe my recent trip to Rome with Cooking School Vacations. The hotel accomodations were excellent and so close to a variety of amazing places to visit. The cooking school itself was exceptional and so hands on! My guest and I were treated like we were the most importantly people to have taken the classes. I would definitely recommend Cooking School Vacations to my family and friends and can't wait to take another trip. Ciao!

Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Lemon Pasta, Chocolate Mousse, & Pizza & Learning to Cook Even More!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The team at Cooking Vacations was fabulous as was our week long vacation in Positano. With 3 hands-on cooking classes, in restaurant kitchens to 3 excursions to Capri, Pompeii, and Ravello & Almalfi, I can honestly say this vacation was a breeze. Going to an unknown area is always a bit stressful- especially making sure you get the service, transportation, excursions you're paying for. This team has been packaging "vacations" with a "cooking flair" for many years and do an EXCEPTIONAL JOB at organizing, communicating on time, and delivering the best outcomes. It was my sister's special birthday and they managed getting a special dinner arranged, as well as getting last minute massages for us. They know everyone in Positano - as they live there (and in US), speak the language; can help with all arrangements, manage language barriers, etc.

The best part was that we thoroughly enjoyed cooking in "real working" restaurant kitchens, from a Michelin rated to a Family cuisine. We learned superb tips, received all the recipes, and just enjoyed the time, the meals we made and our co-cookers!

If you're looking for a fun vacation and don't want the hassle of figuring it all out on your own, this is the one to take! Ciao Ciao!

Note: I would NOT take the Capri trip...request something else. Capri is a tourist trap. The boat ride was pleasant, but the Blue Grotto was also a tourist trap...and had a hour+ long wait. Go to Ravello and spend more time in Amafi.

London, United Kingdom
“Cooking Vacations in Positano”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a holiday with a difference! Lauren of Cooking Vacations, with Jemma and Reno put together a really fantastic 'package'. Their attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance is admirable (especially for the single 'older' traveller). From the first welcoming email (no 'Dear John - thank you for your enquiry' from this company!) to the pre-arrival itinerary and safe travel wishes, this trip was a joy from start to finish. I love the innovation that they have put together packages that allowed me (and only me from our group of 10) to combine ceramics with cooking. This was 'died and gone to heaven' stuff! The various people/companies that they've teamed up with are not only competent in their field but SUCH NICE PEOPLE too. I've already told so many people about this company - I'll be planning my next trip to Italy via Cooking Vacations. What's more, friends and family and just LOVING the cooking that emanated from the 'holiday'. I also loved being able to chose the hotel - rather than be 'placed' in one. Nice touch!!! Thanks guys, I had such a fabulous time.

New York City, New York
“that's amore !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We came knowing no one. We left having a dear family in Positano, a family I will treasure for ever: Fortunata, Filomena and Mauro. We first met them in our cooking class superbly orchestrated by Cooking Vacations (Lauren). This soulful trio are the ballast of La Taverna Leone. We loved it there so much we returned for the special night of my husband's 60th. When I told Filomena it was Michael's birthday, her eyes lit up and she said, "I'll make a cake!" I dissuaded her not to, but that's the love that infuses this restaurant and its cooking. It's pure amore. A more soulful place you will not find. Mauro is the graceful waiter who even with a restaurant filled with people, makes work look like he's having the best time, and so is everyone else. Mauro is a dear. I left part of my heart with these three people for reasons they know. It was really my good "fortune", to know and love Fortunata.
Cooking Vacations is flawlessly organized by Lauren, and expertly "driven" by her husband Reno, who chauffeured us all over the Amalfi Coast on day trips of one's dreams : Pompei, Ravello, Capri. On the afternoon of Michael's birthday, we ate in a seaside on the Amalfi Coast, and he treated all of us to limoncello.
We loved our cooking classes the first as I said at Taverna Leone, the next few with Raffaele at Valle Dei Mulini, overlooking a garden of trumpet vines !
It's a treat to cook with skilled chefs in their sparkling, professional kitchens.Our hotel, Ancora, also part of the package was exquisite - a more magical setting I could not have imagined.
If you want to be on a vacation in an exquisite setting (Positano) where you feel you are part of the culture, not just seeing the landscape, call Lauren, at Cooking Vacations. It's Amore !