“Good hotel and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Palazzo Marzoli Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via G. Marconi 334, 84017 Positano, Italy   |
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Positano
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Good hotel and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed here for two nights. Entertaining view hence the tight street below and the view of the ocean and village. Our room was more than comfortable and staff were friendly and helpful. The walk from the hotel to the beach wasn't an issue as there plenty to view on the way down. I would stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Columbus, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel advertised that they were 400 meters to the beach--I think they meant 4 miles--it is NOT in the village of Positano--but rather up the mountain on a busy road--the location was so awful that we we did not even ask to see our room--and asked for a refund for our 2 night stay because the location was not what was advertised. They refused to refund our money--we didn't even care that we were going to lose two nights $---that's how much we disliked the location. The owner finally said we could "Rent" one of her apartments that was right on the beach instead--we agreed--the "apartment" was a fabulous location on the beach right in the heart of Positano-however the furnishings looked like it was furnished as cheaply as it could be with furniture that looked like it was from 1960's-however it was clean and in a great location so we stayed in this "no frills" apartment instead--but it was a heck of a lot better that taking a cab/bus up to top of mountain to Palazzo Marzoli. The owner does not speak English so the wonderful bell man interpreted for us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My travel agent booked this hotel for us for our honeymoon. When we arrived, it seemed like a pretty nice hotel, clean with seemingly nice people. That quickly changed when every thing we requested was either ignored or just misunderstood, since they spoke horrible English. There was no free breakfast, just free coffee. Room service was a 20 euro charge just to bring it to your room, on top of the food cost. Parking in the garage was a monstrosity, 50 euro a night!!! No one ever mentioned this at check in of course. The air conditioning would be manually turned off every night at the front desk because they wanted to save on electricity. Though, they said there was something wrong with their electrical system. Most of the channels did not work on the tv, The most egregious instance was when we asked to get a cab to go to a restaurant, instead, I got a nice call from front desk saying that the owner was going to give us a ride. A nice old man, he dropped us off with no problems. At checkout, we saw a sum of 20 euro for the ride! DO NOT BOOK HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT. There are so many better hotels in Positano that may be a bit more expensive, but after you add up all the extras you will end up way ahead somewhere else!

Room Tip: Dont book there
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at the palazzo marzoli hotel for two nights on our honeymoon. The staf was really friendly and helpfull. The room was nice, especially the balcony with seaview, we're we got served breakfast at no extra cost.
The hotel is some steep steps away from the marina in Positano, but they offer transer by minibuss four times a day. If you dont mind to burn a few callories, the walk (especially downstairs) is nice.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Northampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hotel from hell! When we arrived, a row erupted behind reception in their own language, very rude,and not a welcome in sight. They had overbooked our room, a regular occurrence I think, and said we had to move the next day, no apology at all.

The room was very clean,but smaller than a triple room, which was expensive, more like a double with a small couch to one side. Breakfast is one croissant, a drink and a yoghurt. Most hotels offer a full buffet breakfast for the cost of £2000 per week!

My husband has a bad neck, so asked for an extra pillow. A maid wagged her finger at him and said no,no,no! Not a big ask for the price we paid. Most hotels would bend over backwards to help, but not this one. They try to make things as hard as possible and to charge extras for anything.

On arrival they ask you to sign a document in Italian and thrust it in your hand.
Wifi is rubbish for 10 euros a day, only one device and very slow. In the town, you can get free wifi and good signal.

Hotel is the second furthest away up hill away from town. The so called shuttle is a joke. The driver has to ask permission from owners and only goes a couple of times a day and not at night, unless you pay 20 euros after 8pm. The hill is impossible to walk up, so be prepared to get a taxi.

We spent our days at the beach as patio very small, no pool just a jacuzzi.
On checking out , they said we had used a taxi on our first day, which was a lie. We got home to find they had charged our credit card. We emailed and rang them, but they insisted we had used a taxi. They have been charging people wrongly since 2009, according to other reviews.
Do not waste your money staying here, much better hotels for same money near the beach area. These awful, rude people should not be in the hotel business, they do not know the meaning of customer service, just rip people off. They call people liars when they get a bad review, that says it all.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I picked this hotel on my arrival in Positano and suprisingly it turn out to be very nice hotel. I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. The staff were helpful, especially the conciege Aldo and the new English speaking lady. I thought the wifi was over priced so i did not attempt to use it.

Eating breakfast on the balcony overlooking the sea and the town was really enjoyable. The location of this hotel is also really convenient for the inter-city bus services that run around this portion of Italy. There are also several grocery stores very close by. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if i happens to be back in Positano.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have just spent 2 nights at this hotel and feel I need to warn future guests of all the disappointments I experienced. All websites failed to mention that this hotel has a huge ugly crane in front of the hotel. Upon check in I discovered that the room I had booked with 4 single beds or a double in the master bedroom and 2 single beds for my children in the attached room had been set up all wrong. I was assured this would be sorted out for the second night. It was not for my whole stay. I reserved this hotel with a confirmation confirming full breakfast was included. Having woken up to find a crane blocking my view I was very disappointed with the fact that I had to pay for a lot of the items on the breakfast menu. I was asked to sign a document upon arrival which was a document in Italian which I could not understand. I was asked to sign small vouchers for the free wifi but found on checkout that there was a charge of 10 Euros per day and that for my 3 day stay the hotel was trying to charge me 40 Euros When I questioned this the owner who speaks no English offered to waive the additional $10 euros. I tried to explain that I signed vouchers showing free wifi and now I am being charged. She offered no explanation or apology!!!! Do not order any room service as this hotel charges 20 euros for room service as an additional charge. This charge is not mentioned on the room service menu. I can safely say that I will never be visiting this hotel again. On a positive note Positano is absolutely beautiful.

Room Tip: Do not visit this hotel unless you want to be charged for a heap of extras which you are never told...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
PalazzoMarzoliresort, Direttore generale at Palazzo Marzoli Resort, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear Customer,

We apologize for your complaints, we would like to clarify a few points:

Your reservation made ​​through booking.com is clearly written that the Wi-Fi is for payment, and the arrangement of the beds was made as requested by you.

The crane is not our responsibility, because they are the work of the town of Positano and it is momentary.

Regarding the room service, the cost of the service is clearly mentioned on the menù.

We don't understand why at the time of check-out you have not reported none of these complaints, and we are very sorry to read things that are false.

Best Regards

Diego Marzoli.
Owner

Been to Palazzo Marzoli Resort? Share your experiences!