“Good...not Great” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Positano
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Riverton, Utah
“Good...not Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We followed the advice of Trip Advisor and planned on this restaurant weeks before arriving. It is very nice atmosphere, the wine selection is exceptional, and the food is good...not great! I would eat here again, and I would recommend this to my friends. The service seemed a little distracted, but they were trying to accommodate outdoor guests getting rained on. A little trendy for Positano, but you will not regret your evening. We like it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great food, excellent service, reasonably prices, lovely terrace. We thought Next2 was the best dinner we had in Positano (including the Sirenuse). We were also lucky enough to meet the owner at her other restaurant (more casual sandwhich / salad shop down the hill - also highly recommended), and she was great. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2013
Rome, Italy
“Outstanding dinner and service. A wonderful birthday celebration.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this restaurant to celebrate my father's birthday while we were in Positano and I have to say we had a delightful evening. The food was delicious and the wine was equally great. The staff was professional, cheerful and the most important thing, they left us be and didn't push or hurry the meal.
We took our time ordering the main courses and they were helpful and in no way made us feel rushed. The food was delicious and well presented. That dinner was a high point of the trip.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
glen ellyn
“Bit of hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My brother-in-law had a great stuffed pasta and delicious chicken entree. My brother had a nice whole seabass. My red snapper was mushy and lacking flavor, which was probably good because another brother had the same dish and said his was fishy. My wife very much enjoyed her appetizer and her entree. The wine was very tasty and reasonable priced. I'm certain this place is trying its best, because when I reluctantly explained why I wasn't eating my fish, they were very upset (much more than I was). If they took the uneaten meals off the bill, I didn't notice, so they very well may have.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding simple meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant consistently for the past 4 years, it is truly the best food that I have had in a local restaurant in this area. The last meal was simple pasta and truffles with olive oil, simply outstanding. Fresh ingredients make the difference and Next2 only uses the best local fare available. I bought truffles from the owner to take home and to this day, the scent lingers in my mind.

The location is a little out of the way, but well worth the walk up the hill for the most outstanding views of the coast. Service is warm and welcoming.

This is a gem.