“Tasty takeout pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Seattle
“Tasty takeout pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed at the buca di bacco hotel nearby and grabbed some take away pizza to eat on our patio. This place was great and very affordable. They had a great wood pizza oven and made the pizzas in about 5 minutes. It was a nice break from the overpriced places in positano.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Dallas, Texas
“Truly disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We thought this restaurant, close to the beach at a nice hotel in Positano, looked good. We were seated and ordered an expensive bottle of white wine. The wine was served quite cold, and it tasted fine at first. However, as it warmed a bit (five minutes later) I noted that the wine was quite corked. I called the waiter to discuss, and their response was that this was "just the flavor of this wine", and that I should warm it between my hands.
To their credit, they continued to check on us to see if I liked the wine better, but corked is corked and it wasn't going to get better. I know wine and this was simply corked. Getting me a different bottle or taking the wine back was not an option.
The food was rather bland, though well presented. Definitely not worth the price, by a long shot.
Having said all of this, the staff was attentive and professional. However, bad wine and very marginal food made this, in my opinion, a waste of money. There were very few people eating at this restaurant, and it is rather clear why that was the case.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“A wonderful surprise with a great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We just sat at a table by the beach to watch our kids play, not expecting much. But then, what a wonderful find! Service was perfect by a beautiful Italian man who spoke French very nicely (it doesn't hurt, right?). I tried the grilled sea bass and just couldn't get enough. The olive oil sauce was so good I cleaned my plate with the wonderful bread, and the vegetables were super fresh, full of flavours. My husbands had a sea food plater and the girls had the sea food pasta and nobody left anything on their plate. Deserts were light and delicate. Everything was very flavorful, fresh and original while being "classics". We seriously considered staying in Positano all afternoon to have dinner there! Our best meal on this trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Highly recommend going here for dinner. If you are like me and watch a lot of movies the movie Only You had a few scenes filmed here. They had dinner here outside on the patio who Robert Downey Jr sat outside on the bench. But all in all wine cellar has great wine, service impeccable, ask for Rosario, food and dessert excellent. Will go back!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful view, great seafood, world class staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had both lunch and dinner at Covo Dei Saraceni - mainly because the staff were so good and the food was superb. The beach was crowded with noisy tourists and I just wanted some peace and quiet. This restaurant has a great menu, fabulous house wines, and impeccable staff. I felt like I had been transported back to the 1920s or 1930s - the waiters were so elegant and the surroundings were so refined. It's a bit pricey (50 Euro for dinner (including wine and desert)), but it is so worth it. The only reason they did not get a full 5 stars was because I would have liked to see a bit more variety on the menu.

Visited April 2013