My wife and I stayed at Holiday House Gilda for 4 nights while traveling around Southern Italy. The first person we met was Rosa who was immediately extremely helpful and welcoming. Right away we liked our apartment. The House is about a kilometer up the mountain road, but the apartment had the feel of a beach house. It was light and airy with lots of windows, a nice kitchen, big bathroom, and king-sized bed. But all of that paled in comparison to the terrace, which overlooked the sea and the town of Positano below. The view was BREATHTAKING. It was almost difficult to tear ourselves away from the view of the town long enough to actually go visit the town.
As pleasant as the apartment and the setting are, the absolute best thing about Holiday House Gilda are the people who run it. Gilda, Giuseppe, Rosa, and Daniela are some of the most warm, welcoming people we've ever come across in our travels. Gilda looks out for her guests as a family member would. As I alluded to earlier, we were traveling by car, and one night asked Gilda and Giuseppe for suggestions as to a good local restaurant we could drive to up in the mountains. Gilda wanted to call a car for us as she had the night before (the restaurants in the area will send vans to pick up B&B guests and bring them to dinner, and then drive them back, free of charge. You have to persuade the driver to even accept a tip). We told her we felt like driving that night and that we'd be fine driving the mountain roads at night. She fretted like my Italian mother would, but Giuseppe smiled, chuckled and told her not to worry about the "ragazzi" [kids]. I very enthusiastically recommend staying here instead of in one of the more expensive hotels in town. There are regular buses that go up and down the mountain, or you could simply walk into town as my wife and I did. Thank you so much, Gilda, Giuseppe, Rosa and Daniela for a wonderful stay and a wonderful experience!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday House Gilda Hotel Positano
- Holiday House Gilda Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your vacation on the beautiful sea of Positano in the heart of the Amalfitan Coast.Gilda and her family are glad to accomodate you, they do their best to offer a high quality stay in their apartments overlooking the sea and the "vertical town" of Positano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Holiday House Gilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.