“Gilda if Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 45 Positano B&B and Inns
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Gilda if Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I wanted to add my voice to growing noise of approval of Holiday house Gilda. The spot is fantastic with an amazing view. It is a little bit out of the main town in Positano (10 to 15 minute walk to town) however it is nice not be right in the middle of the touristic centre. The people are so nice and inviting you feel like part of the family. Gilda barley speaks any English (dont worry others such as Rosa speak perfect English) but when you wake up to breakfast you are greeted with a "buongiorno" from Gilda that is basically sung at you with happiness so you realise how nice and welcoming a person she is. She offers you her fresh homegrown tomatoes, olives and rocket which are all grown at the property and are amazing!! I never realised tomatoes could taste so good. All in all it a wonderful place with a great price, great views and wonderful people.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent 5 fantastic days at Holiday House Gilda in early October and we couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. The room was comfortable, bright and clean and the view from the balcony was breathtaking (see photo). Gilda and Giuseppe were so welcoming and kind, it felt like a home from home. Rosa and Daniella were so friendly, good humoured and helpful it's hard to put into words.
The breakfasts were delicious - sitting in the kitchen each morning with such warm hospitality and that beautiful view while you were eating was a regular highlight of our holiday.
Arienzo beach is perfect for a relaxing swim away from the crowds of Positano and only 5 minutes walk down the steps. You can also walk to Positano in 10 minutes and there are some lovely hikes up to Nocella from Arienzo.

I cannot recommend Holiday House Gilda highly enough to experience not only the true beauty of the Amalfi coast but also the warmth of the people who made our visit so enjoyable.
Thank you again to Gilda, Giuseppe, Rosa and Daniella for such a memorable stay. See you next year! Alan & Holly. xx

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a perfect position to enjoy the view. Tip for eating out - Priano has some lov...
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Amazing, amazing amazing! I am so glad we found Holiday House Gilda - it was like living with our family! The hospitality was something else - nothing was too much trouble - very friendly & welcoming! Giuseppe & Gilda are soooooo lovely that i wanted to bring them home with me - Giuseppe's smile says it all a truely wonderful man - he was often giving me produce from the garden which included the sweetest oranges :)
We were resting in our room one afternoon - Giuseppe knocked at the door with homemade cannoli & a bottle of homemade wine - this hospitality was something else - we have had this no where else in Italy. We walked into Positano one day on our way back a car pulled up - it was Giuseppe who came to give us a lift home / Giuseppe & Gilda took us to a local resturant! Gilda's smile said it all - every morning we were greeted with the warmest smile whilst she was busy cooking breakfast - we could have asked for anything and these lovely people would have gone out of there way to make it happen! The views were amazing! The cleanliness was exceptional! Rosa & Daniella are always on hand to help out - they work so hard! I had everyone crying when we left - it was an emotional goodbye to these very good people! We will definitely recommend & will b back! Thanks for a truely wonderful stay XX Dawn & Cormac

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We could not have found a better place to stay. I based our decision to book at Gilda based on Trip Advisor reviews and everyone was right - the hospitality, the views, the location - all picture perfect. I would have been disappointed to stay in the town of Positano amongst all of the tourists. If you are looking for a clean, quiet and warm experience that feels more like authentic Italy - don't pass up the opportunity to stay here. Hi Gilda and Rosa!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This review comes quiet late. My boyfriend and I travelled to Italy last year in April for a friends wedding. While other wedding guests stayed in hotels, our budget didn't allow for it because we wanted to travel to Croatia after the wedding.

I found Holiday House Gilda online and called them to make sure it was legit and made a booking. I can assure you, these were the loveliest, sweetest and most professional people we had met on our entire trip.

The accommodation was so homely and very, very clean. The amenities excellent and the grounds well kept. We had a large self contained apartment with two balconies for an amazingly affordable price. The owners, Gilda and Giuseppe and funny Daniella were so friendly and warm. Rosa was wonderful in making sure we were ok and comfortable. Gilda calling all the authorities and Bus company when my boyfriend left his bag on the bus, with passport and camera and phone inside.

We really got a sense of family and they were very hospitable and welcoming. The views of Positano from House of Gilda are incredible, breakfast in the main kitchen made us feel so at home. We highly recommend House of Gilda to anyone staying in Positano.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were looking forward to Positano. But this exceeded all. The hospitality was great. The location we will remember for life. Rooms were great - I could have sat for a month and absorbed the atmosphere. Our hosts run an absolutely delightfil B&B, and I cannot speak highly enough. And when there, eat at da adolpho. Thanks Gilda.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at Gilda's in May with my husband and parents and loved every moment of my stay. The views from the house are brilliant but what makes this place so special is the hospitality! The family goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable . I have never felt more welcome in a guest house/ b n b before. They were always around to provide tea or coffee or arrange transport for us and even gave us a free ride to the town centre!
I loved every moment of it. The rooms especially the bathroom is a bit dated and could do with some refurbishment . However it was clean. I would love to go back again because the views and the people make this place absoultely worth it!
Sneha

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday House Gilda? Share your experiences!